BDB beat reporter Scoop McGee caught up with Les "was more" Miles after the game. Scoop: "Coach Miles, your thoughts?" the Hat: "I WILL be the head coach at LSU, I have no interest in talking with anyone else." Scoop: "So I can consider this a Scoop McGee exclusive?" Miles: "I've got championships to play, and I'm excited about the opportunity of my DAMN strong football team." Scoop: "Even your secondary that just got torched? Any truth that your D backs are not talented enough to handle being placed on an island, blitz after blitz?" Mad Hatter: "It was unfortunate that I had to address my team. I really have nothing more to say." Scoop: "Will Lee or Hatch start next week against Tulane?" the Hat: "I represent me in this issue. Please ask me after...I'm busy" Scoop: "Coach you seem distracted, aloof, or possibly just dazed. Haven't you used this speech before." Miles: "Thanks. Have a great Day."
Scoop then reports that the conference ended with Miles growling about giving up 2 TDs and nearly a hundred yards rushing to a linebacker. I suspect a difficult week ahead in Baton Rouge.
So, attentions turn to a game ....let's see.....let me find my notes......what game is next?.......OH! That's right. Florida! The annual cocktail party has been renamed by BDB as The Annual Convention for Successful UGA Students and Alums and another 50,000 or so Jean Short Wearin' Tebow Lovers. Catchy, but kinda long ....... Let's put that to our readers. Tell us what you would rename Dr. Adams Politically Correct, PoliteFest Social Event with a Football Game Teaser.
So many of you have asked, it's only fair that I share: yes, I will be able to participate in Halloween festivities with the kids AND take in the game. Thanks in part to Delta. However, the catch was to be able to do it without even one carry on bag. Thanks to Ann and Da Crew for taking my bag down to St. Simons on Thursday. Feel free to use my toothpaste. So that I can pull this off though - it's time to clean out the BDB closet of all extra "luggage". So hang on, this could get ugly!
- Trivia winners. Yes plural. No more sudden deaths. BDB has more sponsors now than we know what to do with. So why not spread the love around. I always have thought of Nama as a pure-bred Dawg, but I'm beginning to think he may be part bloodhound. He's hard to shake off the scent when it comes to trivia. He, like Mr. Trammell was a little conflicted about whether College Football's heaviest trophy was the Fremont Cannon or the Golden Boot. Certainly the cannon is heavier, but the winner of the Battle of Nevada gets the cannon for the next year until the next game. The Golden Boot is a trophy that goes with the team to its athletic offices for eternity. Plus, we didn't even know there was football in the state of Nevada. Ann McElroy correctly answered with the Golden Boot, as did Allen Randall. Adam - sorry, the Old Oak Bucket ......Indiana/Purdue winner .....? Nope. Better keep the Ipod Touch in the backpack during class. BUT - you are the BDB's first "Follower". What an honor! It all adds up to bonus links for everyone!! Enjoy this classic from last year's celebration laden win for the Dawgs. jorts = jeans + shorts
- I was invited last week to have lunch with my youngest daughter. Her Pre-k happens to be through our church and they called the big event "Pizza with Pops". I arrived at the door and Ainsley jumped into my arms. I hugged her tight and then extended my hand towards her teachers. And then it happened. "I read your blawg." Uhm....huh? Turns out I have readers I wasn't aware of. Some of BDB's subscribers forward their bi-weekly editions to other Bulldawg faithful. Jenn evidently sends it to Ainsley's teacher. Cool! So a special shout-out to Mrs. Wendy at McKendree UMC. You and Mrs. Kim do a great job. And thanks for not sending home artwork covered in glitter each and every day. Glitter gives me the creeps.
- I also had the chance to visit Conner at lunch a week or two ago. It was a Friday and she was (of course) dressed in RedandBlack. At her school you get to invite a friend to the visitors table if your parent comes for lunch. Conner had Kennedy join us for chicken tenders and chocolate milk. I couldn't get Kennedy to talk about college football, but that may have been because she couldn't really hear me since she talked pretty much the entire time. She did at one point place her foot up on the table. "I like your pink boots, " I said quickly as she was swallowing a bite of broccoli and drawing a deep breath. She then explained that they were pink COWGIRL boots and that her dad's favorite team was the Dallas Cowboys and they had a dog they named Dallas and Dallas sometimes eats table food and when you feed her hotdogs she poops them out....... there was a lot more that followed, but my nearly middle aged brain could only process so much of Kennedy's diatribe at a time. Oh! And did I mention she was the cutest little girl in pink COWGIRL boots I have ever seen? See for yourself......
- Some great links you may or may not have been aware of that can help the reddest of Dawg fans stay current with little more than a click: The Anti-Orange Page includes Jim from Duluth's weekly transcription of the CMR call in show, not to mention a Lewis Grizzard archive. CMR's Page shows recruits (and fans) all of the ins/outs of University of Georgia Football, as well as his personal side. TotalUga is a new site published by Brett Jensen. A lot of the info is free, subscribers get the full access.
- Jim Halpert finally proposed to Pam. And he did it at a rest stop ……in the rain ...............AWESOME!!
- Knowshon is as adept at getting shout outs as some BDB readers are with trivia questions. SEC Offensive POtW!
- Darryl Gamble as the SEC Defensive POtW, he had to be an easy selection.
- The four customers we had Saturday for our garage sale. Without you, all that work would have been for nothing. Yawn!!
- The Willis' for a great party that included Hurricanes, Jenn for closing out another Burnette win at cornhole, Nama for the Apple Pies, and Cord ......... it was good seeing ya!
- All my Wahoo in-laws for spoiling the Homecoming at the North Avenue Trade School.
- And last but never least....my Florida "friends" from last year's game to be named later. (see picture insert) I hope we get to sit next to each other this year ......... maybe you'll enjoy the game a little more.
- Urban Meyer .......just because.
- My Clemson-following family that didn't bother to read my post-bowden firing blog. For shame!
- The SEC for scheduling next year's annual game who's name is yet to be determined the day of Halloween. Even Delta may not be able to help with that one.
Enjoy your Florida week Dawg fans. Make sure you save those Snicker bars Friday night for those cute UGA cheerleaders and decked out linebackers that come to your door. And go ahead and practice slamming the door on those little yellow jackets and gators. "This is the Department of Family and Children Services, intake." ......"Yes I'd like to report a case of child endangerment."