Just some parting shots at the road trip that deflated some optimism but was still a good time.
- Mad props to Ann, the holder of the Sky Club card.
- At the risk of throwing a proud sponsor of UGA Athletics under the plane, some Delta stewardesses (...or whatever) don't understand AIRPLANE MODE.
- Kids in Wichita Wal-Marts act remarkably similar to kids in GA Wal-Marts.
- If ever in Wichita, steer clear of the Mexican restaurant (name escapes me...) adjacent to the Wal-Mart. Some people (hillbillys namely) miss the deep end of the gene pool. I think the waitress there had a family gene pool that had been cemented over....about a century ago.
- Crossing to the other side of the tracks, Old Town Wichita was an oasis full of cheap beer, decent music and good food.
- When David drives I can clearly see the green light to drink.
- Driving into Stillwater is eerily reminiscent of my one and only trip to Starkville. There's a water tower...and a stadium.
- Funny how small gas n sips had about 238 cars parked in each of their parking lots, while the vast stadium parking lot resembled a ghost town. (...tumbleweed blows by...)
- Something just short of a suitcase of canned beverages is almost enough to overtax a regular sized styrofoam cooler (available at your local Wal-Mart) during a trek across campus.
- If you found Chris Bryan Saturday and were able to wrangle him in, please return him to Milledgeville's mental hospital.
- In lieu of tailgating, most Cowboy fans prefer to walk casually into stadium with finger pistols haphazardly aimed at the clouds and "shooting" non-stop.
- Tanner was right, OSU has a very good splitendhalftackleback. I didn't believe the media guide when it said he weighed 215 lbs.
- Even as hospitable as the 'poke fans were, Dawg fans are still the greatest in the world.
- T. Boone Pickens Stadium is kinda like putting an elegant evening gown on a very wealthy, yet ridiculously old wrinkly man.
- The Orange Power chant while Sturdivant was tended to added up to classless. At the end of the game before I exited, I made sure I found the one orange fan near me who hadn't made an ass of themselves and wished her a good season.
- Congrats to Cody the Parking Lot Attendant for coming the closest in MY STRAW POLL as to the eventual outcome of the contest. Enjoy the cowpies Cody!!
- Nama is better at video blogging than he is at flip cup.
- Lastly, a 24oz Fat Tire for $3.50 - - - > yup! I signed up for that at Emerson Biggins.
There's NO place like home...There's NO place like home...click click!