So to hopefully satiate these grief stricken feelings, here's a list of the things I'll miss the most about St. Simons this year.
· an order of fried dill pickles at Gnats on Friday night.
· The common call of the Dawgs wherever you go and wherever you turn.
· a visit to Loco's on the way in.
· some cornhole while breathing in the ocean air.
· heading in over the bridge.
· The absolute absence of jorts and the color orange.
· The friendly folk.
· the feeling heading out Saturday morning. We've done the bus charter before and that has its advantages. But sometimes someone loses a significant bet the night before and has to be the DD. That's even nicer.
· a PBR (or two or six) at Gnats while we watch the late game Saturday night.
St. Simons is a peaceful place that makes the victories sweeter and the losses easier to stomach. If you live there I understand why. If you're visiting this weekend, have a great time...but also respect the island.
I look forward to my next visit.