No scooters were ridden in the making of this post. Helium filled weather balloons...?? Well, that's a different story.
Q - Now that BalloonBoy is officially GROUNDED (cue laughter...)...ThursdaysRTrivial ep. 16 "Dawgged History" brought to U by JiffyPop, Child Protective Services & Hurricane Heene. REPLY back your answer for a fabulous prize! This week's question: Given the #Dawgs success the last decade, their current record is very unsettling. So...when was the last time Georgia had a 3-3 record and what was their final record at the end of the season in question? Hold onto that tether...and good luck!
A - 1996, 5-6
Ugh...this one was painful. But good fans know where they've been, right? Well, call @allyugadawg a good fan. Back in Donnan's inaugural season the Dawgs limped into Nashville sporting a 2-3 record; and after an ugly 13-2 victory over Vandy, we limped out at 3-3.
Ally - rock that signature Donnan cap and the matching O'ahu shirt in style while you paint Nashville red. Then maybe throw in a tunnel screen to Wooten the ballcatchah. Bobo should remember that one.
- Nearly 25,000 Vandy fans wear black to Vanderbilt Stadium, but don't realize how lame their black out is until they actually sit down....and it dawns on them that their sea of black is more like a small pond.
- Bevo sits on Sam Bradford, spoiling the Sooner QBs Heisman campaign but securing the Longhorns' win in the Red River Shoot-out.
- Speaking of Heisman campaigns, Jimmy Clausen's fictitious one takes on the Trojans. He comes up as empty as the doughnut box on his coach's desk.
- Hokies use a little Beamer ball and a lot of Tyrod to keep PJs options in check.
- AJ gets sick and tired of Drew Butler being the team MVP, breaks out again something mad on Dudley Field.
- Saban bitch slaps Spurrier...then uses the back of the hand as an encore in the second half.
- Vandy can't throw the football. Georgia can't defend the pass. An epic battle ensues.
No yawns during this week of preparation. Still awaiting word if Coach Richt indeed darkened Coach Landers' door. But I can confirm that Kirby Smart still resides in Tuscaloosa and Will Muschamp enjoys burnt orange. Jeez people....really?
Vandy lost to Army. Georgia lost to Tennessee. One's a bad loss for a program. The other is like getting depants'd as you walk into a high school cafeteria on pizza and tater tots day. Georgia needs a solid performance to build momentum heading into a bye week. Vandy needs an afternoon break in between studying for mid-terms.
Something's gotta give...
Maybe you've talked yourself into a huge Dawg win, one in which the coaches and players rally around each other. Maybe the players only meeting was just what the scoreboard needed. And maybe some minor traffic violations will prove to be the glue that holds this team together.
Me...I'm cautiously optimistic.
On the legal side, those of you heading up to Nashville should be able to enjoy your freedom travelling in and out of alleys as you see fit. If you're staying in Athens however, don't go emerging from one without a license to do so.
Other than that, have a weekend Reader.