The Golden Eagles laid an egg...but got paid handsomely for it. Everybody wins...right? And the biggest winners may be the Dawg fans.
The list of young pups to produce plays 'tween the hedges was as long as a Blair Walsh kickoff. Both sides of the ball...big plays, small plays, just about everything but some takeaways.
Georgia's running game is developing nicely as we stare into the teeth of the stretch run. I remember ol' big ears gloating after the men from the plain left Athens with a 24-17 win in '01. Tuberville relished in the fact that CMR had not run the ball enough, a necessity in the SEC.
Maybe we can teach that lesson to Chizzy Saturday night.
Cuz King and Ealey can lay quite the 1-2 punch I think. It was Tennessee Tech, but Saturday was an encouraging sign for Dawg fans that are in need of some pep in their step. A little more confidence just as the preps for AwwBarn begin is just what the doctor ordered.
Let's hope the running game can continue to gain ground to make things easier on Bobo and Cox. For now, let's mix these up and let em chill in a bowl for awhile. Then form into a nice loaf and set in a 400 degree oven.
- Speaking of Coach Tubs...Battle Hymn Notes looks back at his first hate in a classic story about growing up in the south with football, coaching changes and an encounter 'tween the hedges.
- Weiszer summarizes the Homecoming victory.
- Branden Smith made the most of his opportunities. Dawgcast ep. 216 contemplated the idea of a switch at some point. And while the allure of another Robert Edwards is tempting, Smith is the kind of DB I think we've been waiting for.
- Hale also gives readers a tip at which RB Coach Richt was most impressed with Saturday.
- The Senator offers his observations of the game and raises a fine point about the future of Logan Gray...and more importantly, the QB position as a whole.
- Rex passed on the opportunity for a free ticket when he came home, but had a great homecoming nonetheless. I'm sure #19 and a couple chili dogs helped.
- Randy thinks we came up golden and gives out some DAWGBEASTS to some deserving young pups.
- Cocknfire at TeamSpeedKills offers up some topics for discussion. If you're doing any sports betting online, this should be an interesting month as the bowl execs make some travel plans.
- To describe Jahvid Best's fall into the endzone as terrifying is an understatement. But I'm glad he has already been released from the hospital.
- Something's gotta give in the Georgia Dome. My guess is it'll be the officiating. Cuz they been giving all season.
- BWAHAHAHAHA!!...sorry Charlie. And not to be a rumor mongerer, but I heard Slurban's already accepted the HC position in South Bend and PJ has agreed to be the OC.
- And PWD has some thoughts on Coach Fox's debut in the exhibition Friday night. If you're like me, you had forgotten that a pass was legal in college basketball.
It is usually with a relaxed anticipation that I attend games like Saturday's. The good guys are all but assured of a win and you expect to see a lot of different players.
And while both of those things happened, the true beauty of the game Saturday was just being there. They say it's the little things in life and while getting to see my girls tailgate, pet Sugar the baby bulldog and share some cotton candy with Nama's daughter are indeed little things. They are all memories I'll carry along for many years.
And it was just icing on the cake in the middle of the first quarter when Conner turned to me and asked, Daddy...can we stay for the whole game?
I don't mind tellin' ya Reader, I choked back a tear and answered, Yes honey. Yes we can.
Saturdays in Athens. You just can't beat it. Now go load that up into a sandwich with a slice of provolone and call it lunch.
Wow- those sure are some pretty future UGA grads there! Sorry I missed the fun---love my girls!!
Don't sell them short Honey. That's at least two Homecoming courts in the making.
I just hope Prez Adams isn't still there. Don't know that I can shake that carpet bagger's hand.
Your experience Saturday in the Classic City is the reason Homecomings exist. Nice work.
OctRhh [url=http://chaneljponline.org/]シャネル iphoneケース[/url] TeiOlx http://chaneljponline.org/ QkrTti [url=http://www.coachjpsales.net/]コーチ バッグ[/url] DghHwf http://www.coachjpsales.net/ DyjArc [url=http://pradasjapan.net/]プラダ バッグ[/url] QvyYoi http://pradasjapan.net/ SnhRcl [url=http://coachonsales.org/]コーチ バッグ[/url] JdpZws http://coachonsales.org/
Post a Comment