h/t YouTube Reviewed
Saturday, March 21, 2009
h/t YouTube Reviewed
...but on the practice field the tempers flare. The first day of spring brought some posturing, shoving and some good ol' wrastlin'. However, don't expect the team to be on their best behavior when 300 HS juniors visit today either.
Saturday's practice puts pads on their shoulders. CMR says they're ready. Our favorite Maconite has the Friday practice wrap-up.
And Brett Jensen has the official fight card plus some good news on Mettenberger. But probably the best news comes from a 70 yard TD run by Carlton Thomas. Evidently some laundry was left on the field.
But despite the offensive highlights, CMR asserts that the defense is definitely getting the better of the offense. Sounds like Joe Cox would agree.
Friday, March 20, 2009
- Urban Meyer apparently is no longer with the Florida program, replaced by somebody named Corch Meyers
- gator show sport-manship
- some player named Percy Harvey was instrumental with his gusty play
- it's no wonder Brown doesn't write her own material...she evidently can't read
- And my favorite.....1 2 345! Dem dare gators don't take no jive!
- Nate Schnugg has been named SEC Tennis Player of the Week for his valiant play and 4-0 record last week against floriDuh and USC (the fake one).
- LadyDawgs...tomorrow...Gwinnett Arena...noon showdown with Arizona State. Not sure how many Sun Devil fans will follow their ladies to the east coast, but I hope they aren't looking for a Gordon Biersch that's low on beer.
- RidgeDawg puts a bow on UGAs Pro Day.
- The Diamond Dawgs lost two of three to Bama last weekend but lost no ground in the SEC East. They dispatched Georgia State 11-6 Wednesday night and look to do the same to Missy State tonight from Foley. Luckily, Alex McRee returns after a bout with mono.
- FSU president TK Weather-it-all is in a race with his tackle football coach to see who can be more self-righteous. Once again I have to agree with the great Senator....there are some comments university presidents should steer well clear of.
- Hey Jenny Slater has what could be a silver lining to this recession.
- If you venture around Georgia blogs enough and are a fan of the show Lost, you likely knew that Hurley was gonna wear a Dawgs hoodie in this week's episode. What we didn't know was that it would come from Sawyer's closet. Not surprising I guess since James Ford is from the Peach State and attended UGA for a spell. What I don't understand though is how Sawyer's sweatshirt fit Hurley so well?
- Just as your humble blawgger was beginning to wonder where the March posts would come from, spring practice starts AND Mr. College Football comes back from vacay. Barnhart takes a good look at the ??s in the SEC East.
- And file THIS under yet another reason to like Tony Dungy.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
- Hale's practice notes.
- Georgia's QBs celebrated St. Patty's Day in green jersey style...
- On a day when there were a LOT of Five Things to Watch This Spring pieces, I give Marc Weiszer's the nod.
- Here's one with a look at other SEC teams.
- CMRs post practice presser (subscription required)
- And what is knowledge if you don't share? Given my victory this weekend at Supper Club, you should know that Hop Stoopid is quite good...but you may want to steer clear of Monkey's butt...it rated pretty low.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
- Tony Barnhart is back behind the desk. It's good to hear his words. Wanna take a guess on what his first blog item is about...?
- Rumor is top HS prima donna and still undecided recruit Bryce Brown was in Knutsville this weekend on an unofficial visit...with a nice looking blond hostess....and vOWel creamsickle urranjah parka...on the field...with the team...looking very official.
- The GymDogs capped off a perfect regular season Saturday night with a 197.400-195.825 victory over Michigan. The meet was Yoculan's last at Stegeman, who after 26 years as the GymDogs coach is ready to join the fans in the stands.
- Meanwhile the Diamond Dawgs were dropping the first two games of the Bama series in Tuscaloosa as part of a twin billing Saturday afternoon. They came back to win the third game behind the help of Poythress' bat and escape the broom in Tuscaloosa.
- There's been some confusion on the message boards about Zac Swansey's comments after the basketball team lost to MSU in the opening round of the SEC tourney. In case you missed it, Brett Jensen has it all sorted out for you.
- Herschel didn't have to tell Tom Green to "Shet up! Just SHET UP!!" on Apprentice last night, well...because Green wasn't around much.
- And now Green's FIRED! The men are getting their wedding gowns handed to them, but 34 stands to be around at least until the end of March. Rodman looks like the easy target for the Trump combover next week. If he even makes it to the board room...
- Streit at Bubba 'n Earl has a look at Georgia's history of opening the football season on the road.
- If you're having trouble digesting the $100 ticket gouging from OSU, Quinton McDawg has a little perspective...I'd much rather pay the elevated ticket price than end up going ass over teakettle in a port-o-let. I guess the bottom line is Sun Devils are a lot more accommodating than Cowboys. Go figure.
- Behind the flat blade of senior Brian Harmon, the men's golf team rallied to a 3rd place finish out in Las Vegas in the Southern Highlands Collegiate. Shankopotomous...not a Dawg.