We got reptiles intruding, Munson working his "magic" and french kissin' pigs....
Work's been crazy this week with meetings and online courses verifying I am actually minimally competent, so I got a little behind. And evidently the tackle football game this fall between our beloved Dawgs and the pighogsoooeees of arKANsas is in jeopardy.
Evidently some dimrods south of the border have been tickling tongues with swine and hopping on international flights to spread the cooties that develop forthwith.
Amateur athletic events in Alabama have already been cancelled, largely due to the fact that the state's two mimeograph machines couldn't print the newspapers fast enough to spread the word. LordGod, please bless those people with televised pictures over the airwaves...SOON!!
BDB reached out to AD Evans for a comment on the developing situation and whether it would prevent Joe Cox and Co. from boarding a September plane to Fayetteville. His response came via the internets.
Many college football fans might interpret that statement two very different ways. But as a Dawg fan, there's really only one way to read it: Game on!
So pack your Dr. McDreamy masks Dawg fans. We're headin' to PigHog.....Kaaaachoooooie!
- Imagine Jenn's surprise yesterday when she discovered our chocolate lab teleported himself to the other side of his invisible fence. Things were all wellAND good for Munson until he evidently forgot how to teleport back. (And I quote) YELP!
- Don't be too surprised...if Mensa accepted dogs, Munson'd be on the outside of that fence too.
- Props to Nama for pointing out to me that I missed what will soon be our next Nat'l Holiday: Less is Indeed Moore. Monday was Terrance Moore's last entry to the pages ofAllJackCrap. Dude dropped off the face of the sports world's least influential column and sent a ripple of discontent that was enveloped by a wave of HOORAYS! Michael Vick has no shot at an NFL 53 man roster now.
- Everyone else, synchronize your crackberries for April 27th, 2010. We'll celebrate by all buying beers for Mike Campo, national hero and blog commenter able to cut pompous journalists down at the knees...using only a keyboard.
- The former Georgia stars may have enjoyed success at the draft last weekend, but neither could land the cover to NCAA Football 2010. Noops Dawg over at Dancing in the Endzone calls the decision into question AND has a prediction for who will
gracedeface the cover next year.
- TotalUGA reports on Coach Fox's first signee, guard Vincent Williams.
- Dan Magill caught up with John Isner, who turned out to be quite the UGA tennis historian.
- Seen a lot of draft breakdowns by conference and by school ...meanwhile DawgsOnline breaks it down by state. The state that proves to be the most talent rich this April may surprise you. Then again, it may not.
- If you caught Maria Sharapova dressing up Stafford this week, you may have also caught E:60's piece on some mutant bodybuilder. If you too were skeptical, you'll like this. That worthless freak and show deserve each other.
- Lastly...I've avoided it as long as I can...the gators come to town this weekend for a series against the Diamond Dawgs. Problem is the baseball team has been playing more like Perno's Pups recently. I guess by Sunday evening we'll know if this reptilian visit came at the best of times or the worst.
So, having escaped a virus this week that the national media assures us will be more deadly than Mr. Moore with a word processor and access to an Alabaman mimeograph, I settled in last night to evaluate the 135th Derby.
With supper club this weekend and Bernie on quite the streak, there's a reputation to uphold. First I used Wikipedia to assure myself that none of the colts in the field are regular pork chop eaters and then took a gander at the odds.
I've been working hard on my street cred....and I've got a good feeling about the 30-1 pony in the first post. Gimme $20 on West Side Bernie to win.
And pass the ribs...slow cooked to a perfect 160 degrees.
Enjoy the Mooreless weekend Reader. God knows we've earned it.