Saturday, July 25, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
- Apologies to any Reader who has been offended by freelance writer (emphasis on free) Willard's coverage of SEC Media Days the past couple days. Between outpatient procedures and other family obligations, my attendance at the journalistic orgy in Hoover was impossible. I've learned you get what you pay for...or in this case, what you deceive.
- Speaking of the mania in Hoover, Bubba N Earl have crafted a useful way to imbibe the monotonous mound of mularkey forced on us this week. Better get a refill before you head over though.
- Meanwhile MikeInValdosta considers it all a classic bored game.
- The days and times for the first three weeks of SEC tackle football were announced at the commencement of HooverMania. Jensen has em set up, so crank up those PDAs you crackberries.
- I cannot begin to link all the incredible stuff Hale has up. You can use this link to check out his SEC ballot made public. But don't stop there....he has videos, quotes and interviews galore. It may actually be enough to tide you over until two-a-days.
- Reading Jeff Schultz's piece on the lower expectations in '09 assures me that CMR is just as tired of the taste that lingers from last season's meals as you, me and every other Dawg who's been countlessly accosted by insects this off-season.
- Carver-Columbus Gate aside, the biggest recruiting news of the week was the commit of TJ Stripling. My words cannot possibly come close to describing the impact this kid could make...so I'll let Legend take the reins.
- Jeff Owens' '08 injury may keep him off some pre-season All-SEC lists, but his community service is being recognized well. The defensive tackle has been named to the All-State/AFCA Good Works Team. I'm at a loss to come up with one word to describe the guy. Somewhere between amazing and awe-inspiring.
- Finally, and for something non-football related to ensure we don't implode from the sudden wealth of data suggesting that the gridiron is indeed coming back...soon. Check out Allen's Assessments. A blog to getcha thinking, questioning...for better or worse. I find it's usually for the better. Plus he's a fellow Jaguar alum, was TrT's 2nd episode's winner and is a former Redcoat. Quite the resume if you ask me.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
But I guess Bobo had his reasons.
But today the sun rose up again and news has spread (sub required) that TJ Stripling has become the Dawgs 18th commit, third in four days. Sounds like another great day to be a Dawg!!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
To commemorate the event, some groundbreaking news for you: gayturds eat boogers and HillBillys have tooth.
Not sure if there'll be any meatloaf tomorrow. We're due in pretty late after a LONG day on the road. That and it is our anniversary.
At any rate, chin up Reader. Stillwater's so close you can almost smell the cow$&@!.