- Was that a smile on Coach Garner's face?...yeh, prolly not.
- Jeff Owens shows chivalry isn't dead.
- Nick Williams ain't ashamed to flirt a lil'...
- Baccari Rambo looks like someone done pissed him off!
- I'm off to Franklin County to pick up some of Miss Linda's watermelons...
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Friday, August 14, 2009
- CollegeFootballNews has the top offenses ranked for the upcoming season. Surprised the 'Pokes are #1? Not as surprised as when I found Cox's Crew was #6. Dancing in the Endzone has our full rankings if you don't wanna be subjected to the other teams' colors.
- Barnhart has the top trap games in the SEC for the upcoming season. PWD sorts through it and picks some nits....albeit pretty good sized nits if you ask me.
- Battle Hymn Notes is gettin' giddy over Orson.
- Post of the week, month and the entire summer. Teh awesome!
- Last week's news that video tape must roll from approved cameras when within the realm of SEC sports took a turn of silence in Butts-Mehre.
- The Lady Sportswriter asks if this season should really be compared to 2005, the year of Shock! And speaking of DJ, Hale caught up with him in time to exert a little more man crush. Hello Envy, my name is Bernie.
- While we're talking pro athletes, Staff brings his Lions to the ATL this weekend for some preseason NFL action. May tune in to see how he does. But I'll stick around to see how Shockley does as he battles to be a Ryan backup. No plans...wanna go? Click HERE.
- DaugMan brings news that former Dawg Ben Watson is being challenged.
- And which would the Pope have more of a problem with: that Pitino was involved in an abortion...or that he once had adulterous sex in a restaurant...on a table?
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Picture two college football programs facing each other at opposite ends of a spectrum. One program the very definition of class, success the hard way and well-dressed fans.
The other resides in gayturdsville.
Of course, the differences don’t stop there. In fact TeamSpeedKills looks in depth at the coaching changes for floriDuh. Many categorize Slurban’s offense as a machine that can replace a few parts and still generate yards, points…girlish histrionics from a freakishly divine QB.
The biggest question mark is how Addazio (new OC and play-caller) will do in
his dual roles now. It took half a season before last year's offensive line to gel, and that was with both him and Hevesy (the assistant O-line coach) working on
it. Will this year's line take as long come together now that Addazio is juggling both being the only offensive line coach and offensive coordinator?
Back in December, we waited on word from Stafford and
Sure Percy Harvey is now smokin’ Viking-sized joints instead of amateur mary-jane. But overall, the Dawgs took the bigger personnel hit with early departures; especially when you factor in Asher.
So which is the bigger issue? Coaches getting used to new roles with players who are used to a different position coach, play-caller….OR, new starters who’ve been coached by the same coaches during their collegiate tenure…?
There is the matter of play calling too. The offensive game planning has been a team effort among all of the offensive assistants under Meyer, with the head coach interjecting too. That much hasn't changed, though Loeffler (new QB coach, from winless
Good thing the reptiles only have to slither through
Corch may just steal a play from his Heisman winner and…snip, snip!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
- Okie State freshman safety Joe Mitchell may not make it to the opener as aStillwater resident. Turns out he graduated from a high school with a surplus of white-out (h/t DawgfanTC). I figured as a true freshman at the safety position, he wouldn't be seeing much of the field come 9/5 anyway. But I ventured over to the Pokey Boards anyway...
- Jeese...I wonder if Coach Gumby is man enough to cut ties with a player who still considers Algebra a foreign language?
- And this is supposed to scare me? It is interesting to me though how the newly castrated Visor now supports Free Shoes. Just sayin'...
- Scout's CollegeFootballNews has a close look at LSwho QB Jordan Jefferson. Solid analysis by Gomila, but I still wonder if this kid has an extinguisher for his own team's secondary.
- NATS evidently has multiple players who weigh less than a buck-eighty.
- Ever wonder if floriDuh's QBs were connected a little too closely? This was all the proof I needed. You're on your on for the barf bag. I'm all out.
- Dooley likes it when I smile....and when his Japanese Maples turn.
- Hale says King's coming on strong.
- At 6'9" and full of Dawg heart, John Isner is a star who has already risen. But following another strong showing in LA, he's now turning heads on a national scale.
- And Dawg Stephen states some facts about CMR that this Dawg hopes are more than obvious.
Monday, August 10, 2009
- Looks like Ealey is gonna be out for a little while. But Georgia Sports Dawg has the spotlight on him nonetheless.
- Communication is key. TE Arthur Lynch: Hey, youse guys! This playbook is wicked thick. Teammates: Hey y'all. I think #88 is tryna tell us somethin'.
- While the rest of us continue to mourn the passing of Jacko, Prince Miller is focused on one person, and one person only...Dez Bryant.
- I finally found something Rennie Curran and I have in common. No, not talking about the biceps. It's that having a daughter makes losses a little easier to swallow. Just a little
- The AwwBarn and Hillbilly billboards in the state of Georgia have really pissed Rex off. But he sees no need to post Richt's visage in the hills of East Tennessee.
- Exhile's new digs have their grand opening today. Make sure you head by at some point to catch the unveiling of his College Football's Bucket List.
- Georgia's defenders have asked not to be asked about last year's disappointments. Hale I guess couldn't resist. And make sure you also catch the deleted scenes.
- T Kyle King has his Preseason Blogroll Ballot's Top Ten out and ready for debate.
- In the end, Lou Holtz's political career was a lot like his tenure in Chickumbia: a lot of spittle...over very, very little.
- And lastly, Cousin Walter's Football on the Brain is celebrating. Go on over...I hear there's cake.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
- From BulldogsBlog: Ealey has a hyperextended elbow; CMR says it'll be ok. Sanders Commings had a pick-six and the team had 22 players on the Dean's list, 79 to earn a 3.0; Casey Nickells earned a scholly after three years of walking on.
- CMR has a sheriff's badge.
- From Tyler Estep: Troupe left practice Saturday with an ice pack on his thigh; while Curran and Gamble impressed Jancek with their muscle memory.
- We won't see him until Fayetteville, but Houston's got no problem.