Saturday, August 22, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
- Yesterday’s Practice Notes. Grab your green jersey and hold onto your hammy.
- In an apparent attempt to piss off yet another entire fanbase entirely, Mackie takes the sting outta a pic.
- Dawg Stephen sees no holes, just depth.
- TeamSpeedKills is two parts into a three part series on the hires in the SEC off-season. Dan Mullen, ok. Gene Chizik, hmmph. AD Hamilton, look out…something tells me these guys are digging around your campus as we speak.
- The Senator thought this post by Hale was “depressingly excellent”. I concur. But as cranky as I am about this piece on Coach Willie, I still say (and Hale agrees to be fair) the Dawgs D rises to the challenge.
- The cowpokes might have silver six shooters, but we’ve got Rennie. Bring on that weak ass, Puny XII, second rate, 40 year old, windmill loving, orange-clad buncha bowlegged bastards. GATA!!
- Yes…I’m almost ready for college football season to start.
- Speaking of starting, we’re inside of 17 days, which means Stuff of Legend celebrated with an all world decleater…
- I’m all for using the mandated furlough days among the football staff by employing some strategery. But I hope Coach Tereshinski provides each coach with some footage of that floriDuh debacle last season. Bonus if it has a shot of my face as I left AllTel.
- I thought THIS was cool. Congrats to the Warner Robins Little League Softball Team. Long pony-tails…BIG bats!!
- Fan Friendly bullet for the feedbag comes from none other than my better half…and Da Mighty Fred – it’s just more proof that Spurrier really, REALLY needs a QB. And for the record, trumpeters eat woodwinds for breakfast.
- The new Hoops schedule is out. The Chapel Bell grabs the rebound.
- I was in the men’s section of a department store yesterday when I was sure I heard a deep sigh of relief from every pair of underwear on the shelf. It didn’t make sense until I got home and found out the news.
- Picture Day is tomorrow. Y’all dress pretty now ya hear?
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Mr. Jones and Me
First the offensive side of the ball where the big news from yesterday's practice was the injury to Ben Jones. Jones - a sophomore who started 9 games at center last season, walked off the field on crutches. Luckily x-rays were negative, but Jones was diagnosed with a high ankle sprain. So he is officially listed as day to day.
Should the sprain linger into early September, Chris Davis could slide over from left guard to fill in at center. It's a position he's comfortable with from all of last year's shuffling. Another option would evidently be Chris Burnette, who has been working with the #2 unit according to Hale.
I know I've gone on record as saying this Burnette kid could avoid a redshirt. But I'm sure the thought of putting a true freshman over the ball..on the road...in the season opener...is one Searels shudders at.
Martinez Not Backing Down...from Lilly??
According to THIS piece by the AJCs Jeff Schultz, Coach Willie is not backing down and is ready to coach on offense. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but he basically says Coach Lilly has it easy.
All kidding aside, Schultz does outline CWMs assessments of the three worst defensive embarassments in '09. If you want the short of it...poor tackling...bad weather...offensive turnovers...poor tackling...UGH!
Yet I digress.
Unless there is a surprise, the HillBillys don't stand to lose any scholarships, visits or contacts. But they could lose the eligibility of the recruit their witless leader couldn't help but call by name before ink met paper.
Of course, all this was common knowledge back in late February and March. Yet as I was scrolling through the Doc Saturday post, this caught my attention:
“I think it’s a gigantic distraction. I think it’s very unfortunate, “ Kiffin said in announcing the investigation after Tuesday’s practice.
First of all…unfortunate is a gigantic word for KiffyBaby. He’s to be gradulated. (Rep. Brown, please keep your go gator seat).
But secondly…really? He said that?
Coach Kifster – when you lay in bed with Paris Hilton, it may be nice to soak up the limelight. But you run at least an increased chance of catching something venereal.
Enjoy the doctor's visit.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
- One of Knowshon’s Reebok Commercials, couldn’t find the other. UGH!!!
- Just before AT&T pulled my effin’plug, I was enjoying a little watermelon.
- Marlon has a name all his own. And he’s hoping to make it known.
- Saturday’s scrimmage was under the lights. And once more “Lightning” Rod Battle was lights out.
I guess you can count on some light posting the next couple days while I shop for internet service. After all, when your little girl looks up at you and asks you what turtles eat and you meet her with a quizzical stare…only Google at nothing less than 1 MbPS will do. Later, after continually stalling the kid she finally just said - Daddy, when will the internet be back up?