Saturday, October 17, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
- Nearly 25,000 Vandy fans wear black to Vanderbilt Stadium, but don't realize how lame their black out is until they actually sit down....and it dawns on them that their sea of black is more like a small pond.
- Bevo sits on Sam Bradford, spoiling the Sooner QBs Heisman campaign but securing the Longhorns' win in the Red River Shoot-out.
- Speaking of Heisman campaigns, Jimmy Clausen's fictitious one takes on the Trojans. He comes up as empty as the doughnut box on his coach's desk.
- Hokies use a little Beamer ball and a lot of Tyrod to keep PJs options in check.
- AJ gets sick and tired of Drew Butler being the team MVP, breaks out again something mad on Dudley Field.
- Saban bitch slaps Spurrier...then uses the back of the hand as an encore in the second half.
- Vandy can't throw the football. Georgia can't defend the pass. An epic battle ensues.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
There's three things that are important: Where you've been, where you're at and where you're going. If those three things are ever the same you're in trouble.
I think our unity is better than 2006, and I think we could end up having a better season than 2006...it's something we can definitely get turned around and have a successful season.
- Coach Richt - Please see Coach Landers before your next media session. Thanks!
- Baccari Rambo - Another pick and this one went for six. I keep hearing something about increased playing time...are you sure the coaches know your number?
- Zach Renner - You went after the ball like it was the last biscuit at breakfast. I like that tenacity and display of GATA attitude. Has Coach Searels approached you about doing some run blocking?
- Blair Walsh - I do believe that FG woulda been good from 63. Please refrain from any further use of birth control. We could use another Walshian leg in 18.75 years....or whenever.
- Fabris - Walsh's FG woulda been good from 63. He leads the SEC in touchbacks. Legend has it as an eight year old he kicked the neighborhood bully's ass so bad they have yet to find it. He leads the SEC in touchbacks!! Stick that in your pipe and choke on it.
- Coach Searels - Please see Zach Renner.
- Coach Richt - Seriously...see Coach Landers.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Our defense is at a stage in it's
regression development where the play of the game is dictated to it. Gimmicks can help emotion swell within our veins, but my guess is it would be fleeting. We lack the playmakers to sustain it. On second thought, I think we have the playmakers to sustain it, but they haven't earned the opportunity. For a great post on that issue, I'd direct you back to the Senator's point on faith based personnel decisions.
While the coaches throw the word execution around as an indirect way of saying the players didn't make the plays, I see the word as a two way street. We just recalled all of the bootlegs and rollouts by Crompton Saturday. How many weak side blitzes did we see? If you saw one, please remind me. I'd like to go back to the tape to cherish the moment.
Two years ago we had Stafford, Moreno and Howard. We may have players who six games into the season are still trying to fill those cleats, but we also have the same coaches, the same off-season workout regimen and at least a similar daunting task after an embarassing rocky flop loss. In 2007 we ended up with over 40 sacks. That was a lot of emotion.
And it was even more execution.
Monday, October 12, 2009
- The Stones to Shuffle Look, I get it. I have friends who I would give countless chances to disappoint me further. But there comes a time when separate roads can lead to a more lasting relationship. We've tried to be patient. The results only get less favorable for the hand we're trying to play. Barring a surprising resignation, there should be no drastic changes in staff in October. But there can be tweaks. And when the time is right (should it arise in earnest), there can be a reshuffling of the deck.
- Call a Spade as Such We've all grown tired of the relentless stream of bull(crap). If I can recognize that it's not the placekicker's fault we give up several free first downs a game, surely the head coach can. It does not become him when he spins it a different way. I'm effin' sick of it, so I assume I can say with relative certainty that we're sick of it. If you can't let your words to the media hold accountable parties as such, then let your actions. Case in point: kick it deep for goodness sake!
- Play the Hand You've Dealt A head coach cannot force a seventeen year old to choose his program, but that same head coach can choose his own staff. Blaming those players who have moved to Athens to help better the Georgia Football program is doing us no favors. It's an old, very tired method of operation. The fans don't like it, the media sees through it and I would imagine recruits soon should take notice. When a coach on staff fails to prepare those under his tutelage to do their job on Saturdays, let's remove any appearance of impropriety and be honest. If that won't work, then repeat after me: No comment. If you couldn't blow sunshine after Okie St. or LSU, it ain't gonna fly after Tennessee.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
- Folks, this ain't the time to call for coaches' heads. Despite the fact that there are plenty of targets to choose from this week. Between the 6th and 7th week of the season is no time to go looking for a new DC or OC...or HC.
- That being said, this staff could use a kick in the butt.
- Bobo/Richt couldn't match up with Gramps. That says a lot about our team.
- Willie was outschemed by Lame Kitten. That says a lot about our team.
- AJ was a non-factor, thanks mostly to the second bullet. That means that Drew Butler is officially our team's MVP. And that says a lot about our team.
- We were the team that gave that asshat his first SEC victory? Are you frickin' kiddin' me?
- KiffyBaby questioned Coach Richt's ability to run his program and CMR couldn't get his team and coaches up for this game...?
- Losing 45-19 is one thing. To show up on the road with so little fire and determination...inexcusable.
- As sick and tired as I am of the excuses and bull(crap) shoveled to us through the media, I wonder what lines CMR is giving the movers and shakers of UGA Athletics at this point.
- You know, the big money donors that have the pull.
- All this and I still believe we have more talent than every team we've played thus far. Coach Richt needs to step over this line in the sand he's drawn and use some honesty to address the state of his team with the media, the fans, the coaches, the players....and himself.
- And that...says a LOT about our team.