Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Who's That Comin'...week nine
- The Hokies make the nerds look a little less stout. Losing to powder blue unis, in front of the lunchpail...at home?? Egads!
- AwwBarn continues it's graceful impression of a phoenix, rising from the ashes...albeit in slo-mo rewind.
- If it walks like a duck...and quacks like a duck...then it must be USCs annual inexplicable loss.
- Vandy's defense does its job against the helluva engineers, but the offense gets no where with those training wheels. (tryna reverse a trend without going there...if ya get me)
- OSUs cowgirls use only eligible players to lose mightily to Texas.
- In the inaugural Shell Service Station Bowl, the ol' ball coach pumps up his attendants and leaves KiffyBaby holding the squeegee.
- Dawgs 20 douches 14
- Lastly, I make some passive aggressive trick or treater hand back the Snickers bar after a snide comment about my Uga statue. You kids get off my lawn!!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
St. Simons - a home away from Jacksonville
So to hopefully satiate these grief stricken feelings, here's a list of the things I'll miss the most about St. Simons this year.
· an order of fried dill pickles at Gnats on Friday night.
· The common call of the Dawgs wherever you go and wherever you turn.
· a visit to Loco's on the way in.
· some cornhole while breathing in the ocean air.
· heading in over the bridge.
· The absolute absence of jorts and the color orange.
· The friendly folk.
· the feeling heading out Saturday morning. We've done the bus charter before and that has its advantages. But sometimes someone loses a significant bet the night before and has to be the DD. That's even nicer.
· a PBR (or two or six) at Gnats while we watch the late game Saturday night.
St. Simons is a peaceful place that makes the victories sweeter and the losses easier to stomach. If you live there I understand why. If you're visiting this weekend, have a great time...but also respect the island.
I look forward to my next visit.
David Greene Wants to Shake Your Hand
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Locker Notes - floriDuh
- Coach Bobo - Remember, your headset will be on the sideline.
- Joe Cox - When we win this game Saturday it will be because of your leadership. But it will in no way be your swan song.
- Rennie Curran - St. Timothy said you're short and your breath stinks.
- Caleb King - Last year in Jax you missed a block that led many fans (including yours truly) to doubt you. You've already made a statement that showed us the error in our logic.This is the game you put an exclamation point at the end.
- Jeff Owens - Tebow said knock him out.
- Orson Charles - I'll rename my oldest daughter Orson if you knock the (bleep!) outta Spikes.
- Rantavious Wooten - Make one half of that stadium wonder why that ganja lovin' Harvin was such an abject failure. And the other half holler Woot!!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Can These gators GO?
This Week's Mumme Poll
Monday, October 26, 2009
Monday's Meatloaf - A Jilted Pair of Jorts
- JJ sees Saturday's game against the go gator as a measuring stick.
- Mike is excited about Florida Week, despite the fact that it'll be 11 vs 18 once the game kicks off.
- Streit welcomes us to Hate Week.
- Bulldawg Illustrated's Andrew Miller has 5 Bye Week Questions.
- Hale promises to be back from furlough. He'll probably just spend today bragging about finishing a 5K Saturday...but it should be nice to see his words.
- Steve Hummer provides some insight into a time when AJ told Slurban, thanks for stopping by. Capt. Mulkey would certainly be proud of what his protege has been up to.
- Meanwhile Rex wonders if the mechanic is done fixing the wheels in time for the planets to align.
- 3SIB thought Saban and Kiffy's first (actual) battle was ugly, but in a pretty way.
- TeamSpeedKills' takes it's weekly look at Saturday Lessons.
- The Senator looks back at Saturday's most excellent broadcasting.
- Some Supper Club ShoutOuts....Erin for cleaning my kitchen (awesome!), Cord for cleaning Nama's plate and Miranda for shaking my hand on the prop bet just before Mount Cody lifted his cleats three inches off the turf to save Saban's sanity.
- And lastly, my dear wife. We've been doing Supper Club for three years and she finally used the kitchen to its full potential. Even more awesome!