- two beautiful, healthy children that bless my life everyday and will continue to give me gray hairs by the dozens
- Vince Dooley lead the Dawgs to a National Title and Coach Richt being led off the field on Chris Burnette's shoulders
- a beautiful bride walk down the aisle to take my hand and take me into the stands where she screams at some Dawg to Hold on to the ball!!!
- my dad continuously beat me at golf at every opportunity and an eagle putt that stays true followed by a high five from the game's greatest teacher
- a sunrise in the Caribbean and a sunset in Hawaii
- three degrees that hang on my office wall and (at least) one each that hang from my girls'
- Lindsay Scott make Munson break a chair with a 5" cushion and AJ Green hold up the Heisman trophy
- the miracle of holding a brand new life and instantly falling in love and the wonder of doing the same as a grandBernie
- an SEC title won on Stegeman's floor and a Final Four appearance where Coach Fox barks while cutting down the nets
- dinner outside of a Tuscan villa and a pint in Scotland
- Lewis Grizzard wax poetic in person and Mark Knopfler play in person
- Munson say Get the Picture and Scott Howard scream Dawgs Win!! in Jacksonville
- the life slip out of my dear Jake as he was put under and the life in my girls' eyes when I bring home a puppy
- my mom smile as all of her children shared at her table and my mom continue to teach us what family is all about
- Sugar falling from the sky and Roses in a parade
- the agony of losing a loved one to cancer and a cure to a dreadful disease
- seven in a row against NATS and a similar streak against floriDuh
- the frustration of being useless to help and the gracious eyes of a kid in need
- Coach Richt kiss the water girl and Andy Landers kiss a National Title trophy
- Four decades of wonderful memories and by God's grace at least four more
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
- Butler and Walsh - Earlier in the season I kidded about it, but seriously...I'm torn deciding which of you is the team's MVP this season. But congrats on the honors. Hope you both bring home the hardware.
- Reshad - Emancipate yourself from mental slavery...and sing your own redemption song.
- Coach Richt - It's your field, right? Might as well remind them why they suck so Gawdawfully bad.
- AJ Green - If you could play, it would make my day. But I'd rather be absolutely sure you could lift up that Heisman next year.
- Rennie - 1 fumble recovery...I know we ask a lot of you, but is there anything you can do about this stat before you leave?
- Bobo - Either go all in for the win or hand your headset back to the house.
- Munzie - Anytime we're inside the two, I consider you the peanut butter.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
- We date. They game.
- We have the best damn mascot in sports. They blow up a huge bee and stick it in a corner.
- We have a stadium that is sold out 6 Saturdays a season. They have a stadium that sold out...once...I think...??
- We sneak bourbon past the gates. They bring their Ti-85s and some graph paper.
- Our classes and dorms have girls. Their classes and dorms have blow up dolls.
- Our student body parties any day that ends in Y. Their student body gets dizzy on Mountain Dew and does shit like this...
- Bubba 'N Earl kick things off
- Also at B 'N E, Streit wants some revenge
- Speaking of kicking, this guy has kicked their ass before
- I already linked this in the meatloaf, but the comments in Kit's post-Kentucky Vlog are really heating up
- The Senator finds Coach PJ jumping in on the action
- Weiszer points out just how big this game is for Georgia
- Johnson says looking past Georgia to Clempson, not a worry
- Lastly, my favorite post of the day...a guy I feel I can often look to for sanity and saliency of points...Exhile gets real, and rational
- DawgsOnline provided some insight as to what Sanford could look like the next time we visit.
- By this time next week we'll be wondering (in earnest) if the sideline will be undergoing any makeovers as well.
- In the end when Coach Richt looks back at this season, he'll have to see a team that was no better in November than they were in September.
- Blair Walsh and the youth of the team can't be blamed for that.
- As Bill King points out, was Cox coached at all this season?
- Dawg Stephen sees a lot of bright spots and plenty of problems such as turnovers and penalties. It just wasn't the year of the Dawg.
- Kit mixes up a tall glass of Vlog.
- Over at Leather Helmet, EC Dawg takes on an issue that is quickly becoming Goliath-sized, conditioning.
- If anyone is in the bookstore this week, Exhile could use a new hat shipped to him.
- Mike says we, and especially the players, deserve better.
- Sadly, Streit is just ready for the season to end.
- If the toss sweep is Bobo's bread and butter play, somebody get him a jar of peanut butter...or a nice strawberry marmalade.
- Les Miles...that bite mark on your ass this morning - Karma. Ain't she a peach?
- That's an awfully big sword you just fell on Coach Weis.
- How do you go from Why don't you go pump some gas?...to Go to hell KKK!!...? Well, I guess it starts when a school official puts his head up his ass. (Warning, video link NSFW)
- Lastly, if you missed the footage from the Auburn tailgate...I'm pretty sure we got an answer to our question...??
The best synopsis of Saturday's game comes from Get the Picture:
These coaches are so worried about preventing the worst case scenario from happening that it's affected their ability to get their players to perform up to the level of their talent.
That's just one of the Senator's thoughts from the 35. The rest are just as dead on, as usual.
There's a lot I have to say, but it's really no good. What those guys in the ingredients and in the Daily Dawg Clicks have done is much better than what I've tried to express, then deleted. I'll have my second annual State of the BullDawg Nation ready sometime this week. Should be an interesting call-in show tonight. Personally, I don't think I'll wait for Jim_from_Duluth's transcript...
Enjoy your Monday Reader. It could always be worse...we could have an insect as a mascot.
Let hate week begin.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
- It hurts my Dawg heart to see these seniors go out like that on Sanford's turf.
- Hard to believe we were up two scores with 30 to play.
- Haven't decided if I'll check the tape later today...but until the 4th quarter I thought Bobo was calling a great game.
- FWIW...with the ball at the one with a little over 2 minutes to play, I called a fullback "belly". Pretty sure Munzie coulda taken it from there.
- To be quite honest, I don't care whose fault it was, I am still not a fan of toss sweeps....especially at the one yard line. Either one yard line. Any yard line at all!
- That being said, Ealey is quick to take responsibility. I am a fan of that.
- You can spin it any way you want, but the Georgia Bulldogs were out coached at home by the Kentucky Wildcats.
- That hasn't been said since Prince Charles was barely old enough to drink beer while sitting on the railroad tracks at the east end. At least that's the story I heard.
- On the plus side, great night for Tavarres King and Rantavious Wooten.
- And a great half for Orson Charles...