With just hours to go, let's break this down into what we know and what we can speculate.
What We Know
- Jeff Whitaker is AwwBarn bound. The large, athletic DT became the latest headliner for Chizik’s class.
- Telvin Smith stuck with his commitment to the Noles.
- Parking is gonna be at a premium tomorrow morning at Butts-Mehre. I may just go over and sleep in my car tonight. It’s not supposed to be cold is it?
- UPDATE: Kentarious Gates of Greenville SC will not sign with Kentucky tomorrow. Instead he will become a Dawg at 11AM. Gates is a large young man (6'5" 298) that could play either guard or tackle.
- Robey is as good as gone. Word is Ol’ Man Kiffy has bent that ear pretty good.
- Kadron Boone is seriously considering the Dawgs ($$). But I think he ends up in Baton Rouge. He’s probably decided by now, but will announce from his school at 4pm tomorrow.
- Da’Rick Rogers will surprise everyone and stick with Coach Richt tomorrow. If I’m wrong the AJC might just get so giddy they piss themselves.
- Michael Thornton hasn’t trimmed his list much, but visited Auburn, Georgia, Penn State, USC (the real one) and Kentucky. I think he chooses Athens.