There’s a moment in every blawgger’s life when he (or she…) must take a step back and gain some perspective. And if I know you as well as I think I do Reader, right now you’re muttering something along the lines of You’ve needed more than a little perspective for quite a while now Bernie.
Thanks. I feel the love.
But the reality is that just as Coach Richt pulled the trigger on some pretty big changes back in early December, I feel the need to address some things around here. I don’t want things to get stale. After all, stale meatloaf is about as worthless as warm beer (notice the emphasis on about).
No, I’m not gonna make a run at Kirby Smart to take Darren the intern's gig and I’m not gonna ask the wife to be the water girl. More importantly, I’m not going offline altogether. But after Wednesdays’ 2nd Annual Nat’l Signing Day Journal, you may notice lighter than usual posting for a few weeks. Looking for answers, pondering life's mysteries.
It’ll be like that peyote scene in Young Guns…
She is my flower…DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN?!?
- I had a pretty good weekend, movie with the little lady, cozied up to my pal Jim, Supper Club at the Trammell’s…
- But Herschel…Damn! Herschel had a weekend. He treated Nagy like a 180lb SEC safety from back in the early 80s on his way to a third round TKO.
- And while the aftermath of Walker’s first MMA bout left Dawg fans impressed (yet somewhat unsurprised), others wonder if he’s a one and done wonder for Strikeforce. I don’t see it, but in case Walker is done, a former teammate has an idea for his next endeavour.
- And in case you missed it altogether, LeatherHelmetBlog has the full video of Herschel badassness.
- Could Odell Thurman be playing himself back into the NFL? (h/t LaJollaJennifer)
- And speaking of Jennifer, check out the world according to her.
- Damn. Looks like Catfish and Cornbread has come full circle. Just damn.
- Your silence Friday was deafening. Consider the Dooley Issue shelved. Of course it helps that Coach read my post and promptly announced he’ll watch the game October 9th from home (h/t Kyle King).
- Doesn’t look like we’ll be running into any homegrown Colorado blue chippers during our trip this fall to Boulder.
- Next year Stanford will win the Pac-10 and we can cheer for ol’ Willie in the granddaddy of them all.
- In a dreadful weekend for UGA sports where the Lady Dawgs (ugh) and the Gym Dogs (double ugh) lost to AwwBarn…and Coach Fox's crew let another one slip through their paws...the tennis team held their own to advance in the ITAs.
- Over the weekend the Dawgs lost a potential signature in Deon Rogers. This afternoon we’ll know for sure if Jeff Whitaker prefers red…or urranjah ($$).
- With the weather continuing to spit in Al Gore’s eye, not to mention leaving me wishing I didn’t live so far north…it’s nice to think warm, spring thoughts. You know, like track and field. Remember Torrin Lawrence? The Red and Black does.
Which makes you wonder, was Da'Rick Rogers humming Rocky Flop as he got slobbery with the HillBillys crystal?
Don't fret too much Reader. We knew an Orson only comes around once in a lifetime. And an AJ is even rarer.
But the meatloaf's not rare anymore. Here's your fork. Let it do some work.