There are a number of things that a blogger uses to get by. For me, Old Crow bourbon whiskey is not just fuel for the soul but also a common source for inspiration.
But there’s other times when my keyboard and I just need some info, some honest coverage of the school I spent
four five years at obtaining a degree in learning to drink. Most of you already know who the best Georgia beat writer is, but if not I can tell you the best, most accurate and complete coverage comes from a person Lewis Grizzard taught me to distrust.
David Hale is a yankee. Although I can count the times I’ve met him on one finger, I’d be willing to bet he has no grits in his pantry, probably eats his biscuits from a can and drinks his tea without sugar.
But….he’s not a damn yankee. He’s a damn good yankee. And while on vacay he got hisself recognized for being damn good at what he does. No word if this award comes with a year’s supply of Visine though. However, ultimately this’ll mean he does get some high fallootin’ job at Fox or even the mutha, but regardless it’s past due.
As I waited on official word that Willie Martinez would not be our defensive coordinator, there’s one guy who’s tweet made it official. And one day as I await official word that Michael Adams has indeed bagged his last carpet in Athens…I hope the news comes from one David Hale.
Congrats man! I hope you take the time to enjoy one of those frozen pre-packaged Philly Cheese steaks from the Golden Pantry. Not exactly PhilDELFya…but a treat nonetheless.
- The Grit Tree claims Hale as one of our own. Maybe to make it official the orange man will whistle him some Dixie while stirring a generous pat of butter into his grits.
- Back ‘tween the hedges, Estep says the QB battle is ready to commence. Paschall agrees.
- Cousin Walter is optimistic over the Dawgs’ 2010 season….and I dig it.
- Remember Tim DeRuyter? He’s evidently not planning on being in College Station long.
- The Senator thinks FIU may have found a marketing gimmick better than the nerds’ hot dogs and cokes.
- For Coach Fox against the lamecocks, the Price was right. And it was enough to make Mike smile.
- Grace Taylor showed plenty of her namesake in helping the GymDogs over Arkansas Friday night.
- If Perno’s Diamond Dawgs are going to have their usual even year run into late spring, they’ll have to do it against the toughest of SEC schedules.
- Streit’s got some things on his mind.
- Has Slurban finally put his money where his forked tongue is?
- And in honor of Hale, here’s a nugget on the Orangemen’s loss to the leisure suit yesterday. Sometimes you eat the active 2-3 zone and sometimes it eats you. Instead of wagering on Boeheim’s bunch to not only win but cover, I shoulda known another 'Cusian win woulda been too much for one weekend.
Then again, what were the odds on our Bulldog Blogger winning the bloodshot eyeball?
Last year I honored Teddy Roosevelt, this year I’m gonna work on Grover Cleveland. While it’s true that Cleveland was the only big guy to serve two terms that weren’t consecutive, it’s not true that he once ate his way out of Buffalo NY. The “mugwumps” sent a horse and buggy for him. On the back of it read: Railroads are for sissies…and jort’d men. It’s true. Google it.
In the end, all the buffalo wings in Jersey weren’t enough to get Cleveland invited back to his own party. He died just under four bills; even the Veto President couldn’t say no to chocolate milkshakes and double cheeseburgers.
And if you’ve stuck through all this to the end here Reader, chances are you won’t veto this plate. Better grab an extra napkin. You got a little on your chin there.