Today is a big day for some former Dawgs as they entertain NFL scouts and execs hoping to secure some positive reviews on their clipboards. Unable to get over to Athens, I'm eager to hear later today how things went. Here's a brief overview:
- Jeff Owens - His bench press performance at the combine is quickly becoming legendary and Big Jeff may have the most to gain today as he tries to parlay a strong combine performance with a solid Pro Day. The end result could potentially be a late first round phone call.
- Rennie Curran - Curran didn't fare as well in Indy. It's not that he did poorly so much as a bad hamstring forced the former Brookwood Bronco to fall short of some of his own lofty expectations. Of particular interest will be whether Curran can improve upon his 40 time which he was especially disappointed in. And of course, there's always the issue of his size in contrast to his unrivaled production.
- Reshad Jones - I still feel like Jones will be a first day pick. He spent last night with the Dolphins. Many Dawg fans were left disappointed in his progress while in Athens, but there's no disputing the fact that he has the prototypical size and speed that NFL scouts will drool over.
- Mike Moore - He didn't get an invite to Indy, but from Mike's twitter feeds there's no doubt he's been working hard, very hard for this day. With a good day today he could solidify a late round selection.
- Prince Miller - Like Jones, Miller fell short of many fans' hopes and dreams. But he's athletic and has some big plays on his Georgia resume'. A good day today could garner some much needed attention.
- Geno Atkins - This big guy really improved his draftability during his senior season. Like Curran, Atkins' biggest drawback among scouts is his size. Probably his biggest advantage is his superior instincts.
- Kade Weston - Kade on the other hand has his tremendous size as an advantage. He needs to show today he has the quickness and athleticism to be a Sunday player. He's going all in today in hopes of turning some heads and gaining some momentum before the draft next month.
They've all worked hard towards this one day. Here's hoping they all impress and improve their standing.