Great article yesterday by Dean Legge on the unscience of recruiting. He bases the whole thing on a specific recruiting trip his mom tagged along on. The variables on the recruiting roads are a dime a dozen I'm sure. So the tendency to make things more difficult is common. How many of you have wives, sisters and mothers who would volunteer to sit beside Coach Garner or Bobo on Friday nights this fall?
- Don't know about you, but I'm diggin the new page turning version of the online Bulldawg Illustrated.
- I admit I've been slack this winter and spring in recognizing the sports who have produced Ws. But Groo catches us up on the post-season that is coming to Athens.
- I could watch old game intros all day long. And Kensingtondawg over at The Grit Tree has some good ones.
- Streit is pissed about a comparison between Georgia and Wisconsin football...then wonders as to the comparison's accuracy.
- Looks like Georgia State may get Bama backup QB Star Jackson. And while the Tide have no where near the depth issues at QB that Georgia has, Kim points out that losing a player is never convenient.
- Looks like the Big Televen is gonna take a few months to shop for that new belt.
So today's the day for Georgia's Mr. Basketball. At noon we'll know if it's NATS, Texas, Bama or the Dawgs. PWD updates the recruitment of Marcus Thornton, and in turn analyzes the absurd ACC rule that could cost the nerds. I don't see how he chooses Tech knowing he'd
likely certainly ride the pine a year. But the fact that Hewitt got the last visit still makes me nervous.
I'm down to the quick on this one.