To think that we all went to bed Tuesday night and the NCAA Football landscape was organized chaos. Just 48 hours later we take a careful and calculated peek at the headlines each morning half expecting our team to be the latest rumored in dealings with a conference across the continent.
Here's some collected thoughts left over from my day at Disney and the roller coaster we've all been on since.
- I think of the real life Disney version of Pocahontas as the University of Texas. Everybody wants their picture with her, especially the 25-40 year old male demographic. Even if she comes with that stodgy, old traditional chief as part of the package.
- Funny how Space Mountain lets you off right into a NASA themed gift shop and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride lets you off into a Pirate themed gift shop. Walt really had an eye for business.
- When you're wearing a UGA cap in an uber popular theme park, also carry around a mirror. That way when you get those inevitable contemptuous looks from HillBillys and Gayturds you can quickly provide them a reminder of their reality.
- Speaking of reality, the higher ups in South Bend must feel like it's Bowl Season all over again and they're left out in the cold.
- Someone please explain to me how Pete Carroll and Tim Floyd come out of this disaster at USC smelling like roses? Cheap, dusty, plastic ones...but still.
- I can see and perfectly understand the contempt cast towards Reggie Bush. Believe me I do. But if he was the only one getting his hands greased I'll never look at Kim KardASSian's fanny again.
- As I found myself in the middle of a long queue for the Tea Cups, surrounded by sweaty people who's mouths were at the south end of a corn dog stick...I almost made a pledge to never (EVER!!) pass gas in public again. Holy Mother of God!
- Fast Pass is the greatest thing ever invented for amusement parks. Even better than air-conditioned boat rides. And much better than the $6.50 Coca-Cola that's mostly ice.
- Until noon Monday I had never paid $5 for a PB&J. Buyer beware - keep that one off your Bucket List Reader. After all, the one I purchased was only half eaten.
Unlike the Big XII, which is looking like it's a weekend away from being devoured. My dream case scenario you ask...two words - Status Quo. How do we know these super conferences will actually work? Although I can see the idea of wanting to add a Texas just based on what they would bring (and the fact that they wouldn't be stretching the moniker Southeastern Conference geographically). What's the real point in adding 4 teams to the pie just to keep up with the wannabes? Would FSU really help the SEC that much? Would Clempson?
And don't get me started on the nerds...