Darren here. Bernie's off being Dad of the Year. And he may win, despite the fact he lied and told his kids they were going to a strawberry farm...
- First and foremost, RIP Coach Wooden. Absolutely the best, despite the fact that he hasn't coached in nearly four decades. My favorite quote? Easy: Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be Careful.
- Exile has some very nice word on The Very Best Ever.
- And Kimberley has a nice collection of some video clips of the coaching legend.
- Carvell tells us that Marcus Thornton is not only officially a Dawg, but is officially loving it. And it's a good thing Carvell told us, cuz Marcus' followers on Twitter won't be hearing from him anytime soon. Coach Fox, kibosh!
- Lady Dawgs weren't able to advance past UCLA in the WCWS, but they did send the swamp hussies back to their mud holes.
- Fletcher Page has a Summer Sitdown series. Here's the safeties ($$).
- Zack Witchett committed Friday, and his friend Damian Swann dazzled in Athens as well. ($$)
- Dawg legend Charley Trippi's Hall of Fame jacket is making a homecoming. h/t Dawgtoons
- Matt Hinton sees a promising season in red and black.
- It looks like it'll take a Lake Burton PeeWee team to end the (ahem!) dynasty in Tuscaloosie. At least Saban wouldn't need his step stool any more.
- And the lamecocks wanna give Shamier Jeffery a shot at QB. So it looks like Alshon's brother doesn't mind pumping gas either.
Y'all have a great Monday. Here's a mess a napkins Bernie left. And if you know of a strawberry farm in the Lake Buena Vista area, leave it in the comments. I think they're still looking.
Darren, the intern