- The biggest news is the impending transfer of Jarvis Jones from USC, once the financial aid paperwork is signed. This is big because of Jones' talent. The gravy is that the Carver Curse may be over.
- In case you haven't heard, Jones will have four years to play three and is immediately eligible. But, he will redshirt the 2010 season to get in football shape.
- Here's Simmons' piece on Jones ($$). The bottomline is that this is exciting, PWD leads the barking.
- TAMU AD Bill Byrne is nice enough to return phone calls from angry fans. I just hope he doesn't kiss his grandkids with that mouth.
- Meanwhile Dan Beebe had a kinder, gentler method to get his point across.
- cocknfire declares the Big Ten (the old one, obviously) the undisputed winner in the realignment sweepstakes, while ecdawg hears a black chopper hovering.
- Ironically, it's always nice to get reacquainted with a guy name Meat Cleaver.
- Stuff of Legend is evidently my polar opposite, pulling in from vacay just as I'm leaving. He catches us up here.
- Lastly, the Grit Tree remembers when Grizzard tackled the economy in their weekly series Lewis Grizzard Wednesday. For the record, even after all these years I'm still on board for #3.
Well, there's work to finish up and a car to pack before I begin counting potholes along I-85. If you're one of my fellow travelers this afternoon, please remember that slower traffic stays to the right.