Seeing AJ Green in shorts on the sideline made me sick to my stomach. So my first thought is to roll TMZ up with NCAA compliance and burn em both to the ground. Burn em like the defensive backs that AJ runs by and jumps over. Burn em.
That's one thought, here's a few more:
- Aaron Murray had a great redshirt freshman season opener. That may be the fairest way to put it. His mistakes were fixable and he made some plays with the arm and his feet.
- The defense played with intensity the entire game. It was like our D suddenly enjoyed playing again. Practically flawless against a lesser opponent. Acted as if each series desperately needed to be a three and out.
- Ultimately, the defense played as if everyone is still fighting for playing time. My God! What a wonderful thing.
- The only part that was lacking was the running game. Ealey woulda helped. Hope he has a very mundane week. And comes hungry for some chicken.
- I was wrong yesterday about AJ playing, was right about Hutson...and shoulda been right about the punt block. How did they miss it?
- Lastly, great game for Kris Durham. Great to see him back on the field.
I'm exhausted. That's all I got for now. Feel free to pick up what I missed in the comments.