|"Now you wait right here son, 'til I'm done..."|
Some sidenotes rattling around in my brain:
- I'll reserve judgment until we see his staff. He's young and has a good resume. But Muschamp left the Texas sideline in a state of disrepair. If he can pull some SEC and NFL ties, this hire will feel a lot less like a reach.
- However, Dan Mullen had to be the top choice. How deep is he in this Cam mess? Or did he just not want to follow in his former head coach's footsteps?
- Was Muschamp actively looking to get out of Austin? Or did he make a pitch to stay and get promoted to Head Coach? (Things are upside down right now at UT)
- Lots of Dawg fans upset at Muschamp. But I can't blame a guy for wanting a head gig; Will is obviously desperate to knock the lid off his coaching potential. If I recall correctly, Muschamp never beat Florida...and now FU fans have to accept him as their own. Would you ever want Reggie Ball as Aaron Murray's QB coach?
- That being said, he's dead to me. *spits on laptop*
- Also a lot of people made mention of Florida announcing during the Heisman ceremony. What about the murmurs that had to be going on at the Gala in Athens last night.