- I was part of a funeral procession yesterday complete with 5 policemen on motorcycles, about 20 cars and one hearse, all with lights on. I find it a sad commentary on our society when the only person who pulled to the side of the road was a jackhole who tried to blend in for about a mile and half. Cop zipped up beside him and yelled at him as he pulled him over.
- I mean failing to recognize a funeral procession is one thing. Using it to get to the Dollar General before they run out of the cheap beef jerky is another.
- I hope the dillweed fights the ticket and faces a judge who just lost his dear momma. I miss small town USA...*sigh*
- Onto lesser news...a Big Ten (the new one) championship game in Lambeau Field...? Actually...yeh, that sounds about right.
- I mean that can't be any worse than an ACC Championship in Jacksonville/Orlando/Charlotte (or wherever the hell that thing is now) in the rain in front of John Swofford and his family.
- Interesting point raised yesterday by Ollllddude...is Georgia actually Safety U rather than Tailback U? The safety bloodline may run thicker and deeper.
- But what separates the S and TB positions I think is that one relies even more on it's supporting cast. A running back can play more instinctively on most plays. If a safety gets too creative the risk is greater than a loss of yards and a punt.
- And having a disciplined defensive coordinator certainly doesn't hurt.
- Which brings me to my last point: I'm so eager to see Grantham's defense unleashed I'm having dreams on INTs at night. Last night I even saw Brandon Boykin level Alshon Jeffery at the line of scrimmage and I shouted "Hellz Yeh!!!"
Don't work too hard Reader. In fact, take a two hour lunch. I'll see you all tomorrow at the Countdown.