- Xzavier Ward has one of the busiest doorbells in the state, as his recruiting has heated up significantly. Despite only being able to offer him a grayshirt, UGA appears to be in this. This according to his Colquitt County coach, Rush Propst:
“I’ve had several of my former players, including [Atlanta Falcons backup QB] John Parker Wilson at Alabama, do the grayshirt thing, and it has always worked out well... I’ve told Xzavier exactly what it means, and he’s OK with it.”
- Georgia coaches have been taking a little grief over not pressing harder for Ward's LOI. But truthfully, they have 5 OL commits already, two of which figure to be growing into the tackle position that Ward is sized for. A grayshirt (where he signs a Feb 2011 LOI, but agrees to wait and enroll next January...therefore counting against next year's 25) seems to be the best they could do.
- How easy is it to commit a secondary violation in the NCAA? Weiszer explains how Coach Richt slipped up while trying to return a simple call.
- In the more modern sense of the recruiting word commitment, Kent Turene is committed to USC. But he's still looking around and visits Athens this weekend ($$). I think this is a LB Grantham would really like to have.
- UGA target Ray Drew earned a 5th star from Scout. And if you want more information on how teams are ranked, click here.