|I'm not the only one excited.|
Kwame Geathers is not just the Spring's defensive MVP, but he's the poster child to off season dedication. His body is different than what we saw in Memphis just a few months ago. the Senator perhaps put it best when he said for once a player actually lived up to the off season hype.
I feel both refreshed and encouraged. Someone get me a DeLorean filled with plutonium. I gotta get past these next five months...STAT!
However, we should probably be proactive about this. If Grantham plans on toying with the possibility of playing both Jenkins and Geathers on the same line, we need to make sure there's no obscure NCAA rule that says you can't play two players on the same line if the campus doesn't also have a classroom that can fit both student athletes. I wouldn't put it past them.
If so, we need to start renovating some classrooms...knock down some walls. Or perhaps a few outdoor classrooms that have no ceiling.
- I've given fans the business in the recent past, but coming off of a 6-7 season and having the largest crowd in GDay history is impressive. Well done folks.
- As Weiszer points out, we are currently evaluating the talent already on scooters and awaiting the talent that scoots in this August.
- Speaking of the incoming dreamers, Isaiah Crowell had a warm reception Saturday.
- And Page has a look at what John Jenkins had to say to Kwame after he shined at the scrimmage Saturday.
- If my research hasn't failed me, it was Carlton Thomas who lead the squads in carries...thereby proving my poll pretty inaccurate.
- Bulldawg Illustrated's Murray Poole lists RB as his top concern heading out of Spring drills.
- The Grit Tree's Lugnut Dawg offers his observations on the game. Big Muddy does the same.
- Year2 runs down some rule changes for next season.
- Warrants have been issued in the Butts-Mehre thefts. Connect the dots folks. This won't end well for a high profile recruit.
- Chizik balks, Stephenson High School's Carlos Hood walks...to Chickumbia to commit.
- In hoops news, former Vol commit Kevin Ware visited Central Florida over the weekend...and then entertained Coach Pitino last night.
- On the diamond, Perno's Dawgs were only able to take one of the weekend games against the Gators.
- Lastly, Coach Cocky is now getting paid with the big boys. Way to go OBC!