- What took so long for Georgia to offer one of the state's top prospects who also happens to have a brother on the roster?
- And will Georgia's tardiness affect Lee's decision?
Hard to go against Bama here. But I still like our chances too...despite being late to the party.
The 6-foot-4, 220-pounder from Buford High School confirmed to the AJC that he will announce on Monday whether he will join his brother with the Bulldogs — or commit to one of his three other finalists of Alabama, Florida State and USC.Here’s Lee on Wednesday night with quick hits on his final four:
- Florida State: “I really like the campus and whole environment there in Tallahassee.”
- Alabama: “I really like what they do on defense. I like their defensive coaches and the defensive system they have.”
- Southern Cal: “That has been my favorite team growing up … my whole life.”
- UGA: “That’s my in-state school. My brother plays there. My whole family is Georgia fans, and I’ve been going to games there my whole life. I know a lot about them, and I’ve been trying to get to know the new linebackers coach since he was hired.”Lee has accumulated nearly 20 offers; ironically, UGA was most recent, despite the family ties. Georgia linebackers coach, Kirk Olivadotti, called Lee with an offer from the Bulldogs on May 2. Georgia hired the former NFL assistant on Feb. 18.