I have nominated myself as the official spokesblogger of the welcoming committee. Well...welcome! I guess...let me show you around. First we have this thing about Saturdays in the Fall...
|What's that Lassie? Herbstreit's stuck|
in the salon?!?
I'm sorry, what's that? Oh no, I'm afraid you couldn't understand. You see, down here there are no weddings, no funerals, no family get-togethers, no lawn mowers, no anniversaries, no cattle herding, no chest colds and no oil drilling. It's only football.
Can you still play Texas? Ol' Mack Brown's still got ya bent over the knee huh? Kid...look. We don't care who ya play when you're not on the SEC interstates. Just wrap up your old business by the last weekend in November because we have this little shindig in the GA Dome each year called a Championship Game. Oh, no sir. I realize there's something set up out west called a Big 12 Championship game, but this is the actual Championship game. You see, you're in the SEC now...
Wait! You hear that? Sounded like Kirk Herbstreit trying to break news again. Did you tell anyone you were coming? You did what?!?
Look, maybe later. We're outta here. Text ya next week.
- So, evidently today's headlines can be reprinted in three weeks when Texas A&M will be formally introduced. In other words, stay tuned...
- Travis explains how ESPN complicates the matter of A&M moving to the SEC. Afterall, they're the common denominator of any college football equation.
- So...when/if A&M gets invited, who's the 14th team? Marc runs down a pretty comprehensive list of possibilities.
- An interesting read given the weekend's headlines, S.M. Oliva recalls the history of the SECs 12 teams.
- In assigning songs to each SEC team, Kevin thinks the Dawgs are back!
- It's the time of year when lots of fans renew or consider joining a pay site for premium info. So Socrates is kind enough to break down the options for Dawg fans.
- Also at LHB, ecdawg considers the possibility of a playoff plus-one scenario for college bowl season.
- Tray Matthews committed to Richt over the weekend. He's a 2013 safety that's been high on the Dawgs for a while ($$).
- Genxdawg offers some predictions for the upcoming season.
- Ego can be a grand thing. Although Year2 points out it may have blinded the longhorns a bit.
- Teresa Edwards is now a member of the Naismith Hall of Fame. Of course we all knew that was a slam dunk.
- Quick programming note: Wednesday afternoon I'll have the SEC Digital Network's season preview up as well as a playmaker video. I'm guessing it'll be Aaron Murray.
|Page...rocking in the grain|
My ladies now had access to my cash, my cards...my health benefit identification. Looking back I was as vulnerable as a man can be. Alone. Oblivious. Susceptible to denial of an insurance claim. Destitute...at least temporarily. Although it's never worked on Mrs. Bernie, I used to be able to manipulate my kids' minds. The older I get the more I come to accept the fact that it is I who is the manipulatee.
Crafty creatures women are. And they learn at such a young age. Here's your fork Reader. Eat up quick before there are 13+ teams at the same table.