- One thing I neglected to mention yesterday in speaking of Kwame and Jenkins is this: they've been going against Ben Jones for a solid month. And all indications are that he has gotten the better of them, especially Jenkins. How frustrating is that? How much pent up hostility are they containing?
- So...I'm sure they're eager to welcome Bronco center Thomas Byrd...all 5'11" 290lbs of him...to Georgia.
- Tomorrow, like most games, is about the line of scrimmage. If we can't win there tomorrow it is going to be a long season.
- But it's also about big plays. The Bronco offense is a power hitting deep threat always willing to red line it towards the endzone. If the defense manages the BSU yard eating and the offense can match or better the 20+ yard plays then we'll be in for a good game.
- Tyler hit on a big point for me when he wondered if the coaches can coach to win. Richt has installed a new attitude and has asked the players to Get on the Bus. Most have responded enthusiastically. Has this permeated throughout? Can the guys in the slacks and cross-trainers see the big picture? Or are they still suffering from game time tunnel vision?
- From my view, Grantham has every piece he needs to have a great defense. And Bobo has a full arsenal of weapons. Hopefully these kids have been coached up. Now it's just a matter of putting them in position to best help the team.
- Lastly, are we ready to play 60 minutes. If it's close late, there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't win that game. No excuses. We're deeper. We're more talented.
Be sure and come back tomorrow for the live blog. I watched this a while ago and now I'm not sure I can contain myself for what little is left of the off season.