From 0-2 to 3-2, that's enough to provide a moment to take a deep breath. And given that South Carolina lost we might be tempted to take two. But from there we need to be very cautious. For there are many already who are looking ahead, way down the road.
But as we transition this week, adjust out minds from the win over MSU to the preparation for the trip to Knoxville I'll be looking first to our players to see how they're handling this recent string of success. Then to our fans. In many ways both groups feed off of each other. I'm simply asking that we all measure this success for what it's worth.
There's a reason bowl invitations and season awards aren't given out this time of year. Let's all stay focused on the week at hand.
|Is that a twig in your protective cup?|
- UPDATE - the Mumme Poll is back. Sign up now!
- Too bad Nickoe Whitley won't be returning to Sanford anytime soon. I know some Dawgs who'd like a crack at him...with or without a full bladder. h/t Kimberley
- This post by the Senator sums up the standings in the SEC East right now. It also makes me more than a little eager to see if Coach Grantham can get a few of lil Dooley's hairs out of place.
- ecdawg explores the dangers of being a homer. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the reptile underneath a pachyderm's big toe.
- vineyarddawg is thinking Coach Bobo might need to be on perma-notice. I approve of that message. If nothing else, maybe the distinction will wake the guy up in the second half.
- In case you missed it, Garbin has signed on for his latest book. In related news, gators suck just as much as they always have.
- Big Muddy goes to the video tape to determine where Crowell's footprints actually were.
- Over the years the method to success against the Vols has always been - run the damn ball. Legge has a historical look that leans towards the Dawgs having an upper hand heading into this one.
- Dawgola Tesla recalls the last night game in Knoxville.
- Safe to say the honeymoon is officially over in the land of the reptiles. I just have two things to say: Charlie - always dress for success, and Will...damn son, act like you been there.
|Touch that rock, but don't|
lift it Dad.
Let's get it together and steady ourselves for an autumnal stretch. Let's find a comfortable pace as we turn our sights on the state of Tennessee and stroll through each day, one at a time.
But before we turn the page completely, I do want to give one big shout-out. And this might make most of you cringe...but Dabo Swinney has proven to me to be a pretty swell guy. The verdict may still be out on how good of a coach he is, but as my dad recovers from heart bypass surgery Coach Swinney was kind enough to drop the old man a line or two of encouragement. I think the kind lady I emailed in the AA office must've run that Blacksburg-bound bus down to get him to do it, but I was thrilled when my request was honored. It might be awhile before Dad runs down that hill, but it helps to know he has his coach on his side. I appreciate that.
Just don't expect me to do any kind of tiger ragging come 2013. Etiquette might be big in the South, but college football is bigger. Now...y'all take a slice of this meatloaf, some provolone and put that on some thick sandwich bread. Then just find a place for that afternoon nap.