- The route that wheels. We seem to have little hope of containing it, much less stopping it. I mean if a directional school just north of Juarez can slip a back out and up undetected, then Malzahn would have to be I ate the worm drunk Saturday to not try this at least 10 or more times.
- Continued lapse in special teams. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that noticed special teams were about the only place we didn't see wholesale personnel changes Saturday once the game got out of hand. Modest improvement over what happened in Jacksonville. Unless we can sneak enough helium in the ball to get touchbacks everytime, I'll still be holding my breath during War Tigers kick returns.
- Along the same lines...a kicking conundrum. It's 4th and 3 from the Auburn 28 in the 4th quarter. You're Coach Richt and we need points...what do you do? Hell, regardless of time and score...what do you do?
- Go for it. The chances of a 1st down are as good or better than getting 3 points.
- Send in Walsh. He's our guy. Stick with him.
- Send it Bogatay. Time for change. Let's see what the guy from
PolandCalifornia can do.
- Whatever the call is (and let's be honest, it would be one of the first two) I'm sure Richt will have decided on it before 3:30 Saturday.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
The Wartiglesmen: reasons for concern
If the plain men from Opelika take a victory Saturday in Athens it'll likely be because of one or more of the following: