- Kenderious Whitehead (OLB). Word spread yesterday that UGA was out and he was down to Clemson and NC State.
That may or may not be the case. But it does seem that he is having serious thoughts as to whether he would be better in Grantham's system or somewhere else with his hand in the dirt. So it looks like we're on the outside looking in here. Looks like whatever Whitehead decides the commitment will come later this week, so we'll know one way or the other soon.And then he committed to NC State last night. Done.
- Georgia's not out of the running for Dalvin Tomlinson (DT) just yet. It looks like his official visit wasn't canceled earlier this week, it was simply postponed due to family reasons. This is a quiet kid that recently lost his mother pretty suddenly. Sounds like he is a little overwhelmed by all the pressure here down the stretch. I've made my position clear, this kid is going to be a real playmaker on the defensive line. Unfortunately it feels like we're playing catch up to Tech. Hopefully he gets on campus and falls in love with Athens...where we have actual girls.
- Dalton Santos (ILB) also appears to be a longshot. BUT, there is a chance. The Santos family have not set up Dalton's final visit yet for the last weekend before signing day. If we can get him on campus perhaps we can make up for getting in too late and steal him.
- Jaquay Williams and Ricardo Louis are both Auburn commits that aren't feeling so all in anymore. Looks like they'll both be in town this weekend to compare things. Williams is a large receiver from Sandy Creek HS and Louis is an athlete (likely a safety or wide receiver in college) from Miami Beach.
- At defensive back we're still pressing hard for the boys from Tennessee, Will Redmond and Sheldon Dawson. But it appears the back up plan is Kenneth Crawley out of DC. Here's his junior highlight reel.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Recruiting Roundup: 13 days til NSD
We're inside of two weeks now, so let's regroup.
Hunker'd Down by Bernie at 5:17 AM
Dawg Tags: Dawg Recruiting
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment