- Coach Richt helped Josh Harvey-Clemons bond some jailbirds out last night while in Valdosta. JHC is said to be a good lean towards Athens. He'll visit Miami this weekend.
- The flirtation with Georgia from Graham Shuler was short-lived. By the time most of you read yesterday's post he had already woken up and decided to stick with Stanford. Coupled with the loss of Chester Brown earlier this week the decision of Avery Young looms even larger. Even with Mark Beard on campus already CMR must sign some quality depth and starters on the offensive line next week.
- One of the reasons Georgia is still in the running for Jaquay Williams is that the Dawgs are "wide-receiver friendly". Richt and Co. will visit the Sandy Creek star today.
|Cedar Grove's |
- Can Richt get an in home visit with Brandon Greene? The Cedar Grove offensive lineman pissed Saban off by visiting Athens a few weeks ago. If Georgia can get into the home as well then they might just have enough momentum to flip him from Bama to all Dawg.
- Richt will be able to sit ($$) on Josh Dawson's sofa on Saturday. It's about 50/50 between Vandy and Georgia. Commodore coaches visited Dawson yesterday, but Coach Franklin didn't make the trip. As long as this in home doesn't fall through, I like our chances.
- As far as the other target named Dawson, it appears as if Sheldon would pick UGA today if today were next Wednesday. He looks like he'll announce on Monday.
- Sean Price is scheduled to come to town this weekend for an official visit. He's the tight end from Citra FL. He's supposedly wanting to stay close to home and will be hard to sway from his USF commitment. But he'll bring his grandparents (also his legal guardians) with him to Athens. So he's giving Georgia a real shot here.