|Cape Coral's Tyreece Jiles|
- Chester Brown has decommitted. He's a large Samoan OL out of Hinesville GA. He committed after Dawg Night back in July and was especially proud to get the an offer from Richt. Brown mentioned the change of heart had to do with family issues, nothing bad between him and the Georgia coaches. The implication is that had to do with his citizenship status.
- Josh Harvey Clemons' recruitment is going down to the finish line. Two quick updates on him. He evidently loved his FSU visit enough to make it a three team race with Florida and Georgia. Also, he'll announce on ESPN February 1st at 9am.
- Dalvin Tomlinson will not visit UGA and doesn't feel like that will be a factor in his decision. Sounds like he's about made up his mind. He'll wait and announce at his school on NSD, sometime around mid-morning.
- The Memphis DB Duo (Dawson and Redmond) are giving UGA serious consideration. Last week we talked about Kenneth Crawley. Well also keep an ear out for Tyreece Jiles. Georgia is trying to get the UNC commit on campus this weekend.
- What about Jaquay Williams' visit? Well Chizik didn't give the athletic wideout much time to process as he met with Williams at Sandy Creek HS on Monday. And Williams was decked out in Auburn colors. Do with that what you will.
- Cordarrelle Patterson is down to three schools, but isn't saying which two schools of the five he has cut (Ole Miss, Georgia, LSU, Auburn and Tennessee). Patterson will announce on signing day. LSU recruiting writer Sonny Shipp believes it'll make Les Miles happy.
FYI "People born in American Samoa — including those born on Swains Island — are American nationals, but are not American citizens unless one of their parents is" might it have something to do with that?
Yes, this is a heartbreaking development. Brown was already showing signs of being a Damn Good Dawg and sincerely appreciated just the offer from CMR. Wanted to accept on the spot but like a good son felt he should sit down with his parents first.
But today, a student must be a legal citizen to enroll in a public GA institution.http://chronicle.com/article/Georgia-Regents-Ban-Illegal/124903/
I don't understand why he doesn't become a naturalized citizen. I believe there is time to go through the process before he enrolls at UGA. Immigrants are doing this everyday.
Post a Comment