|%$@! eraser! (via nomobobo)|
I knew then and there that this game was over. My kid tallied two goals in just one half of play, but was most proud of the shot that sailed over the crossbar. "Dad!!! It went OVER the goal!" Of course, Rex pointed out that this would've been three points 'tween the hedges. One Saturday at a time #5. One Saturday at a time.
Next I feel the need to give Bobo a hug. Look dude, I haven't been great with the timing of some posts. You sometimes frustrate the hell outta me. But I want you to know I support you. If not before, ever since you threw that prayer to Corey Allen on the plains in '96 (again with the barners, piling on!) I've said you my boy! I know and you know that all you need is a dependable running game and this offense will have as much bite as it does bark.
Which leads me to my last repentance. Isaiah Crowell. I was hard on the kid. I don't think I was too hard, but with news that he's doing well this winter during workouts (and from what I'm hearing, despite some really difficult times for the kid) I think it's past time to give the guy a pat on the back. I'm looking forward to seeing #1 in his second year. Should be fun seeing him compete with a stable of tailbacks.
Whew. That feels better. Now onto the main course.
- With spring ball heating up next week I've got a primer coming tomorrow or Wednesday. And hopefully a Q&A to get us ready.
- Football fever is getting higher. Are you going out west to welcome Mizzou? If so join Chrystal and Krisi's BookFace group.
- sUGArfalling wraps up the hoops season.
- Daugman finds some reasons for optimism. Similarly, PWD has hope.
- A lot of video highlights and links in today's recruiting thread at Leather Helmet.
- In tennis news, we rocked all weekend long. Both MEN and WOMEN.
- CCRider knows where Peyton is gonna play in 2012.
- Vandy won the SEC Tourney over Calipari's squad of semi-pros. In related news, Kevin Stallings wants Girl Scout cookie boxes in the triple digits!!
- Hmmm...stuck in trash chute retrieving her phone...can you hear me now?
- And lastly, news beginning to break on Richt and Grantham's new contracts. But in bigger news, UGA has also re-signed me as a blogger. You can all now exhale.
I've got pictures of Herschel I've never seen (and I thought I had seen most of them). I've got stories from the 1981 Sugar Bowl galore. He even sent me the tape they used for Herschel's bum shoulder so he could get back in the game...just kidding. But you get the idea.
So I'd like to share some of these riches. I've spent some time going through it all and there's some stuff I know you'd like. And what better way to say thanks to Ron and his family than to give this stuff some attention it deserves. There's several articles you'd enjoy that shouldn't be too hard to re-type and give credit. And there's hundreds of pictures I'll try and scan in and share.
Haven't decide on a name for the feature yet, but you'll know it when you see it. Trust me. Until then, here's your guilt free fork. Get after it!