The wedding capped off a whirlwind weekend that kept us on the go. Especially Saturday morning when the 8 year old had a soccer game at 9am, followed by the awards and end of season party and then a guitar recital at 11am. We had barely stopped patting her on the back for being selected as an All-Star fútbol player before it was time to throw the cleats in the trunk and change into something that matched her pink electric.
Sitting between her parents, you could feel the tension rise. She'd never played in front of anyone but her family before and now she was about to go onstage in front of 60 or so strangers. A tear came next, but she quietly whispered to Mrs. Bernie that she was going to "face her fears" and do a good job.
By the time she finished strumming, I was having trouble finding a time I've been more proud of her. I've said it many times, but I learn from my kids tenfold what they could possibly learn from me. Ode to Joy was her piece. It was followed soon thereafter by hugs, high fives and fist bumps. The joy was indeed pitch perfect.
- In the wake of Prez Adams' pre-retirement celebration, Groo wonders what's next.
- Diamond Dawgs swept AwwBarn over the weekend.
- Last year former Dawg Russell Henley won. This year it was Hutson Swafford who took home the hardware from the Stadion Classic.
- Superstitions aside, it was a record setting round for Swafford.
- DaugMan finds former HoopDawg Terrance Woodbury doing pretty well in D-league.
- In case you missed it, Garbin wonders if Orson leaving early was worth the late pick.
- Blutarsky finds yet another punch the Spartans have beat us to.
- The GymDogs are confident moving forward after Coach Clark's resignation.
- ecdawg points out that Clemson's Sammy Watkins can expect a pretty stern hand slap. That's what he gets for stealing Mudcat's car.
- Spring practices are in the books. So College Football Zealots has some power rankings ready for your perusal.
- Up in the hills, Holly Anderson picks up from where we left the Vols - "Despondent in Lexington" - to post spring where the children have aged at least a little. (h/t AHD)
- Lastly, did you get your copy of the 2012 Jorted Helmet Schedule?
Remember back to GDay when Russ was laying on that bed instead of chilling out in his air-conditioned house? That had been rattling around in my head for a few weeks and I finally decided to investigate some more. Our chocolate lab Munson loves to dig up a cool spot in Mrs. Bernie's flower beds, and with temps stretching into the 90's I was anxious to help the pup find a better solution.
|ChillSpot - COOLER than the other side of a pillow|
So I did some investigating and found out it was something called a ChillSpot that had Russ so comfortable back in April. And if it's good enough for Russ it's good enough for our Munson. So I reached out to the ChillSpot guys and they told me all about how they won the Seilers over to get the GDay sideline approval. Turns out that bag of ice some of the Ugas have enjoyed isn't so good for their skin. This unique dog bed stays a nice cool 55 degrees or so and simulates a tile floor that dogs love. They've even put ChillSpots in the Atlanta Zoo for the Panda habitats. It's simple to use and can move with Munson inside or out.
Now if I could just find a way to Mrs. Bernie proof the thermostat. Speaking of hot, the meatloaf is finally ready. Here's some utensils Reader. Go stick a fork in it.