- quality depth despite only 70 scholarship players. We may know the answer to this one soon. Are there enough bodies to make it through drills in the August heat?
- freshman impact. Can some freshmen come right in and make a difference? Theus, Marshall and Gurley specifically.
- surviving suspension(s). Most notably at defensive back. Malcolm seems a lock to play a lot here early. Are Corey Moore, Marc Deas, Damian Swann and Devin Bowman ready for what Mizzou throws at them?
- from the snap. Coach Friend loves him some David Andrews. Can he help solidify a young line?
- from the edge. Do we have at least two tackles this season to protect the edge rush and plow holes in SEC turf?
- special teams. Two senior kickers and the lightning in a bottle that was Brandon Boykin have left town. If a game comes down to a punt or (be still my heart) a field goal, can our special teams get the job done?
- chemistry. The team came together last season after a shaky quarter mile. If things get ugly in the first quarter out in Cola West, can
HeisenbergRicht keep their attention?
- 60 minute attitude. Games can be won in the first minutes just as they can be won in the waning seconds. Does this team have the intestinal fortitude to step on an LSU's throat instead of wilting under the pressure?
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Make (or Break) the season
Although I'm vehemently opposed to such things, Georgia comes in easily to CBSSports.com's top ten for the 2012 preseason. To make the discussion worthwhile, here's a few things that could make or break that position.