So...with that I'm just going to explain the lenses through which I'm looking at our offense.
- QB's rushing stats.* Each of his previous seasons Aaron Murray has had 87 rushes for between 1-2 yards per carry. If Bobo can improve on those numbers it adds a whole other dimension to this offense. One that can keep a defense on their heels.
- QB rating. This should exceed the previous six seasons Bobo has been the OC because he has a quarterback that's been in the system for three seasons and four springs.
- Points per game. Self explanatory really. Each of the last six seasons we've always been around 32ppg. The exception was 2009 when it dipped below 29ppg. This season should be an exception as well, yet in the other direction.
- Rushing yards per attempt. We need to get back to the 4.5 and above area where we haven't been in two plus seasons.
- 3rd down conversions. In the Bobo era, we've never cracked 50% for the season. If we can average around 5 yards per rush (currently we're at 5.76), this should go way up.
- Red zone conversions. In 2010 we finished 12th in the nation in red zone scoring. Last season, all the way down to 60th.
* This of course hinges a lot on Murray playing the entire season and not getting injured. We'll only cross that bridge if we're forced to.