- Ole Miss has a very balanced offense. I think we try to bottle them up on the ground and force them to beat us through the air. We need a good game from our safeties. A real good game.
- Last year in Oxford Grantham's defense exploded for 4 sacks for a loss of over 40 yards. Last week we had 5 sacks for exactly 40 yards of lost yardage. Would really like to see the defensive intensity carry over from last week.
- We're averaging 50 points at home. Since we left our seats following the Tennessee win, only 17 points a game. Was the early home stretch a fluke? Or was the road woes a fluke? Most likely the truth is somewhere in the middle. But I sure wouldn't mind a lot of kickoff coverage this afternoon.
- Special teams was mostly improved in Jacksonville. For the most part Ole Miss is a team that can beat you if you help them. Any special teams miscues can mean a very tense fourth quarter.
- The normal Homecoming kickoff is an early one. Tomorrow should e a nice treat getting the early of the prime time Saturday slots. After a month away from Athens I expect everyone should be ready to bring the noise early and often. That's not wishful thinking. At all. I don't think.
Bonus thought: I think Keith Marshall goes off this afternoon. It will be awesome!