|Hicks, like a boss|
- A couple days ago I wondered if there might be a tweak afoot in Grantham's scheme. Turns out Harvey-Clemons is working out at safety, which isn't too much of a surprise given his size/frame. But count this as something I'll continue to watch and mark his development. As cool as it sounds now, can he gain enough of the coaches' trust to earn playing time in Cola West? And therefore give the defense another potential playmaker in the defensive backfield?
- Josh Dawson has really put on some weight. Up to 250! Johnathan Taylor impressed as well.
- Richt is impressed by Gurley, but is waiting for him to hit a wall in terms of absorption. It's clear that both freshmen will factor in this season to some degree. How much remains to be seen.
- The best news from yesterday...freshman Quayvon Hicks took a handoff (despite last year's stats, it's still legal to hand off to the fullback) and ran it to paydirt! Sounds like it was the highlight of the day. Definitely.
- Ok. I fear we may have over loaded on OL recently. But yesterday coach addressed Theus and his progress. Pretty promising. But the best news for me is that Watt Dantzler appears ready to push any and all comers. It's not going to be a situation where the eventual spot is just handed to a kid. At least, it doesn't look that way right now.
Long way to go though.
Tonight I'm heading to the 120 Tavern to experience Drivin' N Cryin' for the first time since Legion Field in the late 1980s. I'll have a flashback ready for tomorrow on "autopilot" thanks to Dawg19. We'll pick up on the weekend's news on Monday. Until then...have you ever seen the Blue Ridge mountains boy?