- Looks like JJ Green has emerged as the third string tailback. Brendan Douglas suffered a knee sprain a few days ago and Green really made the most of the workload last night (12 rushes for 62 yards) as the coaches sat Gurley out and only gave one carry to Marshall. He'll likely be the lone tailback behind the sophomore tandem as AJ Turman and Douglas nurse their injuries.
- Another freshman that will evidently be hard to keep out of a redshirt (despite so much depth at his position) is receiver Reggie Davis who had a couple catches for 29 yards.
- Malcolm Mitchell was back in action after the swelling went down in his knee, which kept him sidelined Tuesday. And even bigger was the fact that Damian Swann returned to action after giving everyone a scare Tuesday as well.
- Once again Brendan Langley and Shaq Wiggins had interceptions. Wiggins returned his for a score.
- Richt praised Christian LeMay for his representation of Tajh Boyd. He evidently had some good runs to keep the defense guessing. That's a positive sign for the next week's preparation.
- The captains for the Clemson game were announced: Aaron Murray, Arthur Lynch, Garrison Smith and Connor Norman.
- While the offense has been considered such a strong point for this season's team with so many starters having returned, one position appears to be reappearing more and more in the playbook - fullback. Quayvon Hicks had two touchdowns last night, presumably on his two carries for seven yards. This is welcome news for guys like me that long for the days of consistent and varied production from that position.
Practice resumes this afternoon with a special teams scrimmage.