But first, some guidelines. I plan to use these. And although you are under no such obligation, they do help tie the posts together.
- First and foremost, must be a first year player. So that limits us to a true freshman, redshirt freshman or transfer.
- Now that the roster is narrowed down significantly, my choice will also come from a roster spot that has seen some manner of renovation. Last season the running back spot was in near turmoil. Well, that's a bit dramatic. We knew we had a couple youngsters with potential. But we also knew we were desperate for some consistent production.
- Obviously the candidate has to have had a pretty good camp, generated some buzz...up to and including content for multiple threads on message boreds.
- Preference for quotes from both coaches and players alike. For me this adds a bit of authenticity. Players tend to be more excitable, while coaches more reserved. Truth is usually in the excitement.
MUST have an instagram account to have shown him doing backflips.
- Consensus says it must be a defensive player. Because Hicks isn't technically a newcomer.
I think that'll do. After all, I already have my choice, which I'll post tomorrow morning. Did I miss a qualification? Care to provide your own guess as to which newcomer will drop jaws and crush opponents this fall?