|Boyd, Clemson||66 (+5)||1449||14||2||182.22 (+33)|
|Shaw, S. Carolina||68.8 (+4)||927||7||0||173.92 (+7)|
|Thompson, N. Texas||68 (-3)||1346||8||5||139.49 (-10)|
|Mettenberger, LSU||68.2 (+3)||1738||15||2||190.12 (-15)|
|Worley, Tenn||55.8 (-6)||940||9||6||121.54 (-20)|
|Franklin, Missouri||67.9 (+1)||1407||13||3||160.18 (+5)|
|Carta-Samuels, Vandy||66.1 (+8)||1561||10||6||152.05 (+14)|
|Bryant, App State||72.0 (+5)||900||6||2||170.3 (+32)|
|Marshall, Auburn||59.2 (-2)||902||4||4||126.64 (-18)|
|Smith, Kentucky||57.9 (+1)||634||4||1||158.5 (-4)|
|Lee, GA Tech||44.7 (-11)||625||7||4||133.69 (-85)|
Further impressions and other notes:
- Given Florida's change at quarterback after Driskel's injury I just added in Murphy's numbers for comparison purposes. Could've done the same thing for Kentucky, but looks like Max Smith will only miss the one game, and he's really their best option under center.
- Other than a pretty significant upswing for Florida in Tyler Murphy and a huge drop for Vad Lee on The Flats (bless his heart), things have remained relatively steady.
- The next two QB's we face have only improved the last couple games. Oh joy!
- Looking at the SEC passing offense rankings, Missouri is fourth and Vandy is fifth. Catch our breath a bit, then we have Florida at 11th, Auburn at 12th and Kentucky at 10th.
- The longer I look at that chart the more it appears Georgia's pass coverage has two more weeks of a trial by fire before getting any type of relief from the other side of the line of scrimmage. Murphy has definitely been a statistical upgrade in Gainesville, but from what I've seen he is not on the level of what we've already faced as far as a murderers row of pure passers - Boyd, Shaw, Mettenberger,
- Nick Marshall averages 5.42 yards per carry, and 7.5 per pass attempt. After a scare Saturday night, will he be around by the time we visit The Plains? I admit I haven't seen him play much thus far, but given his numbers on the season he reminds me of a young quarterback that is much quicker to trust his feet than what he's seeing downfield.
And again, just because:
Murray, Georgia 64.9 (-7) 1534 14 3 176.87 (-18)