But Mike gets busy. Between work, mowing the yard, feeding the dog, watching 13+ hours of the SEC Network a day, and reading Bernie's Dawg Blawg he loses track of time and the suddenly the Clemson game is here!
The excitement is at a fever pitch. Mike hurries home from work the Friday before and begins to pack the car for the next day's journey to Athens. "Did I remember the tailgate chairs?" he asks himself. "Check! Did I remember the tickets? Check!...Have I checked the latest football odds? Check! Did I get enough beer? What about the gas for the generator? I'll get that on the way in the morning."
Todd drifts off to sleep and awakens the next morning eager to hit the road, and with no idea how greatly complicated things are about to get.
Once at the tailgate things slowly unravel. It's unnoticeable at first. But between the drinking, the eating, catching up with old friends Mike hasn't seen in a year, not to mention the big win 'tween the Hedges, by late evening he finds himself wishing he didn't have to make that drive back home. All of his buddies are asking him for a ride downtown on his way out so they can continue the party. The hotels are booked and his friends only have floor space left. He's left with listening to the late games on satellite radio while he makes the trip back home.
|From reader Trey, Lorenzo Carter strikes a selfie |
pose a very happy Dawg fan.
"Do I really want to sleep on a floor, or should I just call it a day and head home?" Frustrated, Todd ponders his limited options wishing he'd planned a little further ahead.
- With only days to go before the opener, Blutarsky looks at where things stand in terms of position battles.
- The wide receiver position has had some bumps and bruises so far, but Kimberley focuses on one that is ready to make a name for himself.
- MaconDawg wonders who wants to be a "star" and how that position may be different under Pruitt than it was behind the towel in recent years.
- Tyler looks at a "blogger-sized" player that we hope will be the next Damien Gary.
- Groo peeks at the schedules of the Dawgs' opponents.
- Krisi found Trip Frix's in this week's Dawg Tweets.
- Picture day was Saturday and Greg has some photos from Rob Saye of the players behind the scenes.
- Garbin uses the Georgia-Clemson rivalry as a backdrop in recalling one of his favorite players from the 1980s - John Little.
- From the Blogging doesn't pay the rent file, do you have all the tickets you need this season? That link gives you access to parking passes, season tickets, individual game tickets, both home and away! 100% Guaranteed and No Fees!
- Saturday's post got AHD all reminiscent and he fell into a google hole that helped him find Robert Edwards as the head coach of the Greene County Tigers. How 'bout that Dawg!
- Lastly, hey Chiefs fans....you're welcome.
Bernie is a Georgia fan. And like the rest of us he has been looking forward to spending Saturdays this fall in Athens. It's been a long off season and the time has come to make plans for tickets, tailgates, away trips, and ringing that Chapel Bell!
|Athens Football Rentals|
The excitement is at a fever pitch. He hurries home from work the Friday before and begins to pack the car for the next day's journey to Athens. "Did I remember the tailgate chairs?" he asks himself. "Check! Did I remember the tickets? Check!...What about the gas for the generator?...I'll get that on the way in the morning." And then his lovely wife reminds him, "You big dummy, remember how you planned ahead and booked a house through Athens Football Rentals just last week and now we get to spend the whole weekend in Athens, not just most of the day...ya big Dummy??!??"
The family gets loaded into the car. They head towards Athens where they have a nice dinner, a comfortable night's sleep, a short walk to their friends' tailgate, thoroughly enjoy a big win at Sanford that night, celebrate with some friends, a short walk back to their rental home, and then another good night's sleep.
Twelve days folks. We got this!