- I thought this graphic the Senator put up by Brenner of the Post and Courier told the whole story. ANd was largely the reason why I felt pretty confident going into this opener. But Clemson came to play and gave Georgia all it could handle. For about 30 minutes.
- I was mostly disappointed in our pass rush in the first half. Stoudt (and Watson) had plenty of time even though the Tiger offensive line was beleaguered and very green.
- But man oh man. When they clamped down on that offense in the second half and the pass rushers were able to pin their ears back....Katie bar the door.
- Todd Gurley deserves as much positive press as he can get. And I will get to him in a moment. But I'm officially convinced that there is not a human being on God's green Earth that can block Leonard Floyd.
- I'm proud that after all the talk this off season, this is my only bullet devoted to the defensive secondary. They appeared out of place at times and didn't turn to the ball as much as I would hope. But they only missed one tackle. And y'all...they clamped that shit down in the second half. That has to make you feel good.
- Clemson really rushed the ball well in the first half by pounding it up the middle time and time again.
- The other big concern I had was the offensive line. And they too were a tale of two halves in many ways. Really dominated the line of scrimmage the second half.
- How big was that three and out on Clemson's second series?
- There was a lot of buzz around the stadium as Gurley mostly rested during the first half. But holy shit on a shingle their defense looked incredibly tired the second half. As least compared to Gurley's fresh legs.
- Special teams were solid. And that was very cool. The coverage teams were especially disciplined.
- Did anyone else notice that Grantham's towels were alive and well with
With an off week I'm looking forward to rewatching this game. It was a great day to be in Athens. Almost as good as it was to be a Georgia ball carrier.